Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Attack Log 2.0

Started by WinterValor [3945658] on in General Discussion.

52 replies · 1.32k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 53 / 53 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
53
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

WinterValor [3945658]

 

Looks like the attack log UI got updated. It looks a bit too colorful when it's a group fight, but I like that you can you can use the colors to clearly see who's attacking.

 

For group fights involving multiple factions, it could also be cool to have same factions sharing the same colors.

 

Thoughts on the UI? What could be improved? new crime when?

 

Clicky to the attack in the image

 

Fight against Duke as an example of an npc fight

Razuvious [2024732]

The ability to sort participants is a vast improvement.

 

I can see how with many people the colors might be overwhelming, but not excessively so.

Wenno [2757277]

This is a ++ update from me, this Jack-o guy knows what he's doing. Looking forward to what he's cooking with RWs if this is his doing. That's Pedro's job. Hopefully Pedro is a wizard too. 

Jack-o [133039] Admin Staff

I cannot take any credit for what's cooking. I just get the absolute pleasure of sharing it with you all.

The team behind the scenes are doing all of the hard work, and we very much appreciate the positive feedback! 

mister_tibbs [2585727]

why did you guys get rid of the stealth indicator? - that was very useful. Just smacked a person and I had to check their profile to see if my stealth worked, when it used to show in the logs. 

Wenno [2757277]

Ah yep, I was thinking of THIS thread that Pedro made regarding ranked wars. That said, this Jack-o guy has put his name on a few good improvements thus far. I dunno whether he's just the one announcing them or what, his introduction post says he's in operations so maybe just managing a team working on it. But still, this improvement and the slide out bar thing on mobile were both posted by him. Along with the no longer laggy as shit CPU frying city map.  

 

WE'RE COUNTING ON YOU JACK-o 

 

Looking forward to seeing what Pedro and co cook for RWs.

 

I see now Jack-o's reply, so good job team. 

Mentions: Ranked War Matching and Ranks

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

That was an oversight, I have already put in a request with the designer and this will be added back as soon as possible. The data is all there and stealth in log works fine on the receiver's end. It is just a question where to show it.

 

Thanks!

Cheesus [505043] Wiki Contributor

Every day I become more convinced Torn hired Jacques ze Whipper to whip the devs into shape (in a fun, family-friendly way!) so updates get released more frequently and consistently. 

 

Danilo [2835519]

The plunder line on pc looks a little off. Is it supposed to be like that or should it be on a different line?

fitzsuffices [1544976]

As others have mentioned, there doesn't appear to be any way of knowing if an attack was stealthed.

 

One of my stealth attacks still says "anonymously attacking" in my personal log, but I don't see that reflected anywhere in the attack log itself.

 

This seems like a strange oversight. Having to go back to someone's profile or check our log to see if an attack was stealthed or not will be a bit of a hassle. Hopefully I'm just missing something.

 

Looks like the devs are aware stealth is missing and will update it. Thank you for paying attention to us!

Wenno [2757277]

Have you noticed how the past few generally well received updates (city map, sidebar, attack log) were all announced by Jacques, where the update between his (looking at you travel 2.0) was not well received and announced by ched? Now I'm going to put on my tin foil hat, but what if there is a PLOY in place to bring Jacques on to play the role as the good-cop to ched's bad cop.

 

HEAR ME OUT. Jacques knows what the good updates are. So he begs internally to be the one to get to announce them, leaving ched to announce the shit ones. Then, everyone loves Jacques. Then, everyone hates ched, thinking he's just piling dogshit into the game. Then, Jacques is voted in as the SOLE LEADER of Torn by the rest of the staff team when the daily player count goes below 100k?? 

 

Then, we get meme of ched as he forced out of the company

 

[image: media1.tenor.com]