Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Two-factor authentication email not getting sent

Started by WinterValor [3945658] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 26 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
WinterValor [3945658]

Changed cities irl, got asked for a two factor authentication on my pc and I’m not getting sent any email. Checked spam as well.

 

Funny thing is, it says “If you’re having trouble, the Account Recovery system can be used as a last resort” and when you click on it, it just opens up the two factor authentication page again, not very helpful.

Eldlyn [2629453]

When you click the Account Recovery system link, it takes you to the account recovery page, but since you're supposed to do the two factor authentication, it just redirects you back to the two factor authentication page.  Seems like you need to log out in order to access that page.

Flotch [3916527]

I got my desktop 2FA randomly revoked today, and it refused to send the code via desktop. I hit "resend" twice, it did absolutely nothing.

I refreshed my email about 50 times and checked spam and all that, nope. My gmail account had indeed received no emails.

I click the Account Recovery button, it just redirects me to the same page...

Out of ideas, I open the Torn app on my phone and enter my login info. Immediate 2FA code sent to email within 5 seconds. Clearly the problem is with Torn, not Google as an email provider, and only with the desktop version for some reason. Nasty bug, got me mugged for 2 mil!