Our faction is thinking about switching to OC 2.0 and I was wondering what are the perks and some important things we should know.
Started by terzagas [3850839] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Our faction is thinking about switching to OC 2.0 and I was wondering what are the perks and some important things we should know.
Switch.
It's only ARGUABLY not worth if if you're all doing PAs. None of you are.
Switch.
It's more money and crime exp.
Switch.
Tbh your fac is 220knrep and your highest guy is 49 or something. It's kind of a no brainer at that point. The $$$ Should be waaaay better with OC2.
At 80% payout we are averaging around 2m/day for LV 6 crimes.
The way you can choose the crime levels are good too.
I recommend it for sure
If you can afford the respect to unlock the OC tiers that your members are capable of, switch.
Definitely switch.
As for things to "be aware of" - first, each member will need to join the OC themselves. Gone are the days of being lumped into an OC by the faction leader or those with perms. Also expect their to be tools/materials that will be used or required for certain OCs (since you're getting on the band wagon so late, though, the cost of these should be minimal compared to the gains from the Organized Crime itself.)
I recommend a payout split of 80/20 or 85/15. That will give you enough funds to cover any costs incurred to perform the OC but still give a majority of the funds to the members.
Finally - you will default get level 1-2 OCs to work with. I recommend at least upgrading the to 3-4 tier, if not the 5-6 tier if you can afford it. They provide more respect, more money, and will better allow you to recruit more members since the new OCs pay out SO WELL.
Just as an example of payout vs. cost from my last level 5 OC my faction did. Cost of this is the cost for 2 billfolds (so let's just say about 60k.)
So 3 members make 3m+ in 3 days - and the nerve requirements aren't too terrible either.
As you scale and are able to do harder OCs, it gives more money per day as well. I usually average like 3-5m a day personally and I don't even do the hardest OCs yet.
I was wondering if you could tell me how do I know what crime difficulty I can do?
Please see the two above images. For each role there is a number next to it. That number is your success percent in that role. What that means is every time your role is required to perform a decisive action, you have that % chance to succeed. So, for example, I will succeed 98% of the time in any role for the level 1 crime.
Different roles are influenced by different crimes (as well as your overall Natural Nerve) - so the more difficult OCs are going to have lower %s. For my faction, we aim for 70% or higher for each OC role, except for the REALLY high ones, where just being above 60-65% is the best most of us can currently manage.
As someone who lead a smaller faction THIS website can be your best friend. It not only shows the layout of each crime, but shows you the weight each role has in an OC - meaning some of these roles having really good people is more important than others. You can punch above your weight by having your 1-3 heavy hitters filling the most heavily weighted roles while having your scrubs with 50-60% success filling the less weighted roles.
Please feel free to DM or message me if you have any questions if/when your faction switches over. Happy to assist.
Lots of merits is a pretty big perk. Keep in mind that you will be starting over on step 1 and that the beginner crimes don't pay that well.
I don't think that "you must unlock the OCs by completing each tier in order" exists any more - it was part of the beta where they were still adding the first OCs and to make sure everyone tried out all of them for testing purposes.