Hello dear torn staff and devs.
The following issue has been a thorn for a long time and so I am opening this one while not having found the same issue reported anywhere else.
Issue Description:
When opening a new attack screen, be it during an NPC attack with low amount of seconds between attacks or this example attack where i was taken down: the attack screen shows the old/stale attack state quite often.
- The target in the screenshot is not superior
- The attack page was opened freshly
- The attack page was a new tab
- The attack page was opened 800 seconds after me being defeated
15:10:33 - 12/07/26 Superior- hospitalized you sending you to the hospital for 5h 09m [view]
15:24:24 - 12/07/26 You used 25 energy attacking Coppy and defeated them (chain #2894) [view]
I always thought it was only an issue when the attack was freshly ended, due to it happening very often on NPC attacks. Very often means usually 1-2 times per NPC sheduled attack run where all NPCs are hit.
The issue happens on both mobile (TornPDA) as well as Firefox 152.0.5 64-bit Windows 11. Though I believe it is a backend issue rather than client side and as such this also happened on a test run some time back without any scripts enabled.
I love that there is some care put into the new attack logs, but I find that the attack screen itself is rather lacking with this bug + the fact that it doesnt show the amount of current attackers in a group attack while being on mobile. Most people dont realize they need to swipe to see it and it is quite unintuitive.
Thanks for hearing me out, cheers