I love speed, don't discriminate
Started by Darkfall [2465123] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 79 / 79 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I love speed, don't discriminate
Taking shit away from us needs to stop being the go to option just because something feels clunky.
Make more cool shit, stop nerfing everything, game is meant to be played forever, make it feel more worthwhile for Christ sake
" For something that's worth 14b, it's just not really worth the money and it'll just end up being another item that the super rich players get that gets them an advantage over less rich players."
Arguably, if I, or anyone else works hard to build their networth, we should be entitled to buy things that benefit us and can also be obtained by anyone else willing to put in that amount of work. Being poor or unable to figure out how to grow your networth isn't anyone else's problem but your own, and that's exactly how it should be.
Also, it's 5% additional gym speed gains - if you have shit stats you're going to have shit gains - once again, it benefits those who actually put work into their account and doesn't benefit those who don't.
Are you going to ask to get rid of / modify stat enhancers next because they aren't really worth their value until you hit almost 3b in the stat you want to use it on?
I don't have sneakers yet. I want them, and I'm working towards getting them. You don't see me sulking about it though.
Simply get good.
Networth isn't difficult to obtain - there are a dozen (that's being modest) methods to make legitimate money, and if you can't figure any of them out, it's a skill issue on your part.
Inb4 "blue name you've paid for DPs" - Yeah, I bought maybe 5 in 2009? 2010? and I've been a monthly subscriber since. It shocked me too when I got the blue name because I didn't think I'd spent anywhere near the (perceived) threshold on the game in subscriptions alone.
Money is really easy to grow for anyone willing to put in the effort and do something about it.
This is not intended as a criticism of you.
This is a truly awful build.
hate it cus u aint it
pro strat speedyboi build
I’ve sort of fantasized about a scenario where multiple attacks are awarded based on speed stat. So, if your speed is 2x mine you’d get an extra attack per turn.
It’s a terrible, terrible idea. But it would make this build…. more…. viable? Like a woodchipper build….
I'm extraordinarily offended
anyway treating the OP with some sincerity I actually think it makes complete sense there is an only-speed enhancer, or only a speed enhancer, since Speed is the least useful / useful-to-whore stat in the game.
.
Gotta remember that all stats compliment eachother. You could have popeye's arm (+Str) but if you're slow af swinging it(-Spd), they're just going to dodge it(+Dex), but it would hurt like a motherfucker if it landed (-Def).
Yep, but I think there is some sense that must be applied to str/spd ratio or you get “I am absolutely for sure going to hit you with this pillow.”
Additionally, while there is no ceiling on dam, you can’t hit someone more than 100% of the time.
You could work very hard to grind the NW to get it. Or you can just swipe like $2,500 USD and buy it outright, 0 grinding needed.
As it is, it's an uber luxury good that most people won't have a use for and has its utility overshadowed by just spamming a couple SEs. And if you don't have the best ROI stock BBs bought, the 14b spent there is much better invested in those BBs so you can earn money passively and eventually buy better gear or SEs.
My point is that as they are now, they're not a good investment UNLESS you already have a shitton of money, and even then the 5% training bonus for speed isn't crazy worth it especially if you plan on spamming SEs.
You wanting to buy something objectively bad for its cost doesn't make it good and useful item. If the sneakers could be put into the faction vault for sharing, I could see it having use there, where 1 pair (or maybe multiple) gets shared between an entire faction, but as they are now they're an overpriced and underpowered item made for the uber rich to get a minor bonus.
And I'm not in favor of straight buffing it either. I'd rather we move away from pure P2W and towards something that actually benefits the entire ecosystem, like them being able to be acquired via NPC loot drops, etc.
Point, but SE's are one-time use for 1% gain of total and add 6hrs cooldown (but cooldown is pretty much irrelevant.) this is +5% gains forever.
Braces for "yeah, but that takes E..."
Combine it with The Book : Speed 3 - The Rejected Script. And all perks unlocked, and a 10* FC, you're laughing all the way to the bank gym.
Also: hella handy if you're group attacking in RW, and want to make sure you hit / temps hit (pick your temp here.)
EDIT: agree that spending $2,500 USD will get you there, but that's only about £1,250 😄
Apologies, I only just spotted this.
They are wearable. You have to unequip any foot "armour" or clothing for feet though. Otherwise they get covered up.
*Shuffles feet to make that annoying squeaky noise*
Oh, wait...
As a broke bitch I would not want this expanded.
Even if they add them, it's just going to become hyper expensive and pretty rare. Im not going to be able to afford them anyway and the stronger just get even more strong.
If I win the lottery? Then I'll switch sides, get rich and forget where I came from.
Brother, what the fuck is that?!
I refuse to believe they are. Please send me some and ill check for myself
im pretty sure you could hit me if you got lucky and used a pepper
Dexterity 1,420
You're 6395 days old though, you coulda gottem years ago?
2091 days in here, and I managed it... (without a lottery win / buying DP's)
"only" 65 in circulation. C'mon ppl, lets pump (ha) that number up and see what happens. S'not like they gonna stop restocking in UAE...
JINX
EDIT: and only one of those are in The_Hamster 's display case. Not sure about inactives / permafedded, but what a waste.
Mentions: The_Hamster [50]
I think he should give one to me