Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Needs More Events

Started by Garebear72 [3546064] on in Suggestions.

1 replies · 12 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
24 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
30 / 100
Garebear72 [3546064]

I'm not talking about these seasonal calendar events we have. Christmas events are great, easter, etc. They are fun and actually give something active to do. But they are so very...very far and few between.

 

A common concern I see from people who play this game, whether it be in the forums here, or even on other social media, is "Well, I spent all my energy, I used all my nerve... I want to keep playing. But I can't."

 

And any stereotypical vet who plays this game will say the same thing: "Well, that's the whole point of the game! You do some stuff, get off the game and go to work, then come home and do it again!"

 

And sure, that mentality is okay for most people. But not for everyone! And that leads to the random posts I see on random subreddits from time to time: "I love Torn, but I need another game like this. I want to keep playing, I have the urge to play, spend money even, but there is just nothing to do but wait for things to recharge... does anyone know of another game like torn?"

 

I have seen that post countless times.

 

Torn. Needs. Events.

 

Not once a year events, not one event every 3+ months, but REAL, ENGAGING events. 

 

There are so many ideas and fun activities that could be possible.

 

Events where you do things, and get rewarded for it. Events that have missions, events that add extra pages or areas to explore, mini games or group bounty targets, things that people can constantly be doing; things that don't require energy or nerve, just time and willpower. 

 

We need those events! Events with a daily login reward, events where you need to slay 50 enemies in a dungeon (that doesn't cost nerve). 

 

Real events. That are always rolling on a schedule. Two week long events. 

 

Think the kind of events youd see in a stereotypical idle game on mobile...but tornified and stripped of their mobile game aesthetic and made good for Torn.

 

This is my opinion :) Hope everyone reading this has a wonderful day.

Elizabeth [2339829]

Ooh yeah! And you could include event only drops, and even make it so that to access all of the content, you have to pay a recurring charge to gain all the benefits, and you could call it a battle pass and implement a premium currency with more micro transactions and-

 

Torn is not an all day every day game. It's a play it a little or play it a lot game. If you only have time to hop on and spend your bars throughout the day, fantastic, Torn is for you. If you have the time to micro manage buying and selling items for profit, fantastic, Torn is for you. If you enjoy playing community games and events in the forums, fantastic, Torn is for you. But if you need constant stimulation and interaction like we see on social media, Torn could still be for you, but you're not going to be satisfied solely playing Torn, and that's okay! It's completely acceptable to say "I love Torn, but I also play other games" or to even say "I love Torn, but it's just not for me." What is less acceptable is to sign up for a text based, energy game and insist that it change to be like most games on the market. It's okay to not spend every waking moment playing Torn, healthy even.

 

Honestly, though, you both summed it up perfectly and shot yourself in the foot in your own post.

 

"that mentality is okay for most people. But not for everyone!"

 

Correct. Torn is not for everyone. And that's okay too.

 

#chedging