Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Devil horns disappeared

Started by Paintchipz [2618603] on in Bugs & Issues.

14 replies · 233 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
25
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
46 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

Paintchipz [2618603]

Hi sorry to bother you. I just don't really know who to bring this to anyway.

If you look at my profile picture I used to be able to wear my horns with my mask. Both are still equipped, but the horns do not show anymore. Can it pretty please be fixed

 

Then a staff member said:

Today 09:02

hey

please report this issue on bugs and issues forum

and it will be assigned to a dev working on this.

 

So here it is. I hope I did this right 

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

I fixed a previous bug report, by someone who was upset with the layering of the Scream Mask, so I changed it to work for their situation, but that changes how it works in other situations. This is a very challenging system to make work for all combinations.

I can change the Devil Horns and every other related item like Cat Ears and Puppy Ears and Unicorn Horn to layer over the Scream Mask, but I have no doubt that'll then break a whole load of other combinations.

I can undo my previous fix, that reintroduces the previous layering issue with Delta Gas Mask.

 

I think it's too risky to make more changes that will likely cause a cascade of new layering bug reports, we have so many pieces of clothing now, we need to consider a new way of handling layering.

Hemigidius [2157705]

Just make all clothing overlap with each other, it's not something you want i know, and would cause alot of clipping, but it would be nice for some crazy combinations, I hear regular complaints that stuff doesn't work together because it replaces each other.

pilvlp [2796461]

Spit balling - Is it possible to remove the current layering priorities and allow the user to make their own layering selections? It should help alleviate the management overhead for clothing interactions.

Ar53_Hol [2430424]

Possibly layer in order of application, if you want something layered over something equip it after it?

 

could create a world of other issues, but would solve the layering combination issue 

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer

It's not in any way even remotely that simple unfortunately, there's some essential background magic using masking to ensure certain clothes fit over other clothes without clipping, that means they have to be layered in predetermined ways. Allowing any layering would cause most situations to effectively just look entirely broken - not even appearing human.

Satan [612696]

how about the systems are made separate and users can toggle if they want to see ONLY armor or ONLY cosmetic items.

 

that way users can enjoy all the hard work and effort put into cosmetic items and hairstyles without them always being covered by armor or not compatible with armor. then the users that dont care about cosmetics will only see armors. 

 

with the hover feature still working of course so people can still see what is equipped if needed with cosmetic only toggled.

 

MightyGoober [812478]

Most, if not all of the player base have always wanted you to give in and allow the players to make clothing options, even if that means a player may choose what looks the most broken.

 

This is a GAME.

 

Also yes please on separating real armour from cosmetic.

Thisiana [3808379]

I know this is an older thread, but i would really like to see specialty, holiday, and hats able to be layered over all head armors. Things like bunny ears, devil horns, santa hat , bush hat etc