Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

How Item UIDs work?

Started by PixelGhost [3165209] on in Questions & Answers.

1 replies · 38 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
23 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
PixelGhost [3165209]

Hi everyone,

 

I am working on blackmarketledger.web.app which uses item logs to track trading profits, abroad profits, etc. While parsing logs from Torn API v2. I found sometimes the item had UID and sometimes it doesn't. Based on data I collected it seems every item has UID, however, sometimes they are not logged in logs/API.

 

My questions are,

(1) Am I correct that every item has UID and logs/API misses tracking UID in some of these?

(2) If above is true, do we have any tracker that shows when this UID isn't being logged and when it is.

 

Thank you,

Pixel 👾

 

P.S.

(3) Sometimes UID is 0, sometimes it's an empty string. Are both of these same, or they serve different purpose?