Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Pride bigots...

Started by Sweeney_Todd [27468] on in Graveyard.

220 replies · 3.5k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 221 / 221 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
221
Discussion span
→
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
36 / 100
Story score
74 / 100
Engagement score
93 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Wargasm [1767859] ×1 MeLoN [2307609] ×1 AbsoluteXen [3475307] ×1 Clubs [3516575] ×1

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

From the recent Pride post, which I have always stood by, even during Monarchs hatred, there seems to be a new player who doesn't get it. I have always said, be who you want to be...

 

Be you...

 

The haters will try and claim you are subnormal, which is bullshit. How can we not be who we are? We are but us...

 

Now Wargasm was banned twice this year in the Pride event for discrimination. Not once, but twice. How dumb do you need to be to be banned twice in the same thread?

 

It disgusts me that these type of players still exist in this day and age. I thought we were beyond these times, that people have moved on, but it seems we are still being dragged down by these fuckwits...

 

Power to my Brothers and Sisters, as you rock. Never let anyone bring you down...

Sweeney_Todd [27468]

I'm sorry if my point does not amuse the fuckwits of our comminity. But it is what it is...

 

Stand up or shut up...

Avery [2765920]

To hijack Sweeneys post a little, in an attempt to preempt some comments that I'm expecting to see..

 

Said it in response to the "why do we need pride" comments in the original thread, but it bears repeating. Yes, in the 2010s things were going really well, and actual equality looked possible. Then Covid happened, and people forgot how to be normal leading to massive increases in homophobia and racism. I can't speak to the racism, but in regards to homophobia things have gotten a lot worse.

 

The Gays™ are continuing on as if things haven't changed, but attitudes towards acceptance have massively changed. It's leading to more violence and a lot less tolerance. Where before people would just mind their own business, they feel emboldened to speak up or act now, and some of what I have seen is the worst its been in probably near 30 years, definitely the last 15 or so at least. Combine that with a world leading government wanting to walk back policies designed for equality, and things are fucking rough.

 

Check in on your LGBT friends, families and loved ones. They might be confused as to why you are, but it won't go unnoticed. 

Surreptitious [3819111]

It’s sad that homophobia and transphobia (and even racism) have fallen ‘back into favour’. It’s tragic to watch it all happen. I genuinely believed that in 2020, the world was beginning to change for the better and grow more progressive, but slowly, it’s become ‘uncool’ to be progressive. Back before the internet, when there was someone with blatantly stupid beliefs, they’d be called the ‘town idiot’ and chastised. Now, with social media, they’re given a platform and a high five and suddenly, they’re making waves in society. It’s depressing. 

 

But, IMO, this whole post reads as a karma grab. I’m sick and tired of people using queer people for clout and not actually caring.

Flak [2091491]

Two completely unrelated factoids about Flak:

- Sweeney was wheely mean to me and I am Trans.


Completely unrelated speculation on Sweeney:

- I think Mark from IT might be a little bigoted. 

DR34M_W34V3R [1886958]

Sweeney is one of the best, never know what is going to grind his gears

 

Usually makes me laugh like he’s Squidward stuck working at the Krusty Krab,

 

while some of the others are more like Plankton getting thrown out by Eugene Krabs lmao

Odin-All-Father [2010524]

You thought the world was beginning to change for the better when people were rioting, looting and burning other people’s property?

 

Thank god the world is rejecting woke shite.

 

sweeney, pride month was last month, making a thread about a player on it a month later is simply to chase clout. For a ‘grumpy old bastard’ who ‘doesn’t care’ what others think, you seem to be chasing worthless online clout lately.

 

RealTeel [3008047]

What was the pride event? Was there a secret community event I wasn't invited to??

 

I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is and he's hella chill.