Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction thief

Started by Boiko [3038418] on in Faction Discussion.

125 replies · 944 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 126 / 126 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

nex [2054500]

Are you seriously this dense?

 

How would I know which profile to look at without knowing their current name? None of the three names originally listed was for the right profile.

TheOneGod [2183676]

18:26:14 - 01/08/26 You were sent $1 from someone with the message: You do realise, that being a condescending prick, isn't going to get people on your side?

 

Yes I understand that but its hard to change my personality. My bad. Less condescending more a bit of a dick.

Iriae [2594381]

Maybe it is worth bringing some grounded perspective into this discussion, as I am the victim of a 3b fraud.

 

To put the amount into real-world terms, a $5 Donator Pack currently has a Torn market value of roughly $24,370,504. Reaching $3 billion would therefore require approximately 123 Donator Packs, representing a real-world value of around $615.

 

The value may be different on the black market, but I have no knowledge or insight into that market, so the Donator Pack provides the clearest legitimate comparison.

 

According to Numbeo, that amount is comparable to the average monthly net salary in countries such as Thailand, Iraq, Brazil, and India. I am fortunate to live in Europe, where this is not my monthly salary, but it easily could have been under different circumstances.

I understand that Torn is a game and that Torn dollars are fictional. However, the time, trust, cooperation, and effort that players invest are very real.

 

Torn’s rules do not appear to prohibit taking another player’s property through what would effectively be described as investment fraud in the real world. Outside the game, this would be treated as a serious crime. Inside Torn, the responsibility instead falls on the victims and the wider community to create consequences—whether that means pressuring the scammer to return some or all of the money or making their in-game experience so difficult that they eventually stop playing.

 

Chedburn has made it clear that player-to-player scamming is permitted. Unfortunately, I had no idea, and only fully understood the implications of that policy after being scammed out of $3 billion.

 

Do I like the rule? Absolutely not.

 

I am a casual player. I enjoy logging in, interacting with people from around the world, supporting my faction, and gradually building a fictional character within Torn. I understand that scamming, betrayal, and manipulation may be exciting to some players, but that has never been my preferred way to experience the game.

 

Am I angry? Yes.

Am I disappointed? Yes.

Am I frustrated? Definitely.

 

What bothers me most is not only what I personally lost. Several valued faction members were also robbed of their hard-earned Torn money. Some of them may have had far fewer resources to begin with, making the loss even more significant to them.

 

Will I quit? After almost six years of playing, I am genuinely considering it.

 

Will I make Sinha_ [3159112]’s in-game life as miserable as the rules allow? Most definitely.

 

Does allowing this kind of behavior help player growth and retention? Perhaps it attracts players who enjoy deception, domination, and the opportunity to feel powerful behind an in-game identity. However, for players like me, it destroys trust.

 

It turns a social, community-driven game into something increasingly solitary. Every investment opportunity becomes suspicious. Every offer of cooperation carries the possibility of betrayal. Every new relationship must be approached with caution.

 

Will this policy ruin Torn in the long run? Probably not. The game will continue.

 

However, for me, it has severely damaged one of the most valuable parts of the experience: the ability to trust other players and participate openly in the community.

 

Ultimately, I believe this situation will end with karma catching up with Sinha_. Hopefully, at some point, he will understand that he did not merely betray one player. He betrayed an entire group of decent people who trusted him.

Mentions: Sinha_ [3159112]

Sunny21 [2661027]

I remember going to war with this faction a while back this year, it had another noob leader, who left after war said something like going to train. 

I am not a stalker but I like to keep tabs with factions I have wars with, between then and now, I have seen at least 2 other leaders take the reigns before this scam,  I guess my question is, how the fucking he'll did she get the shell?

The_Unburnt [1883708]

Iriae you explained it all beautifully. Its so sad that Torn has become what it is, where scamming and being a twat is just accepted, by mostly everyone . And as I promised, the money you've lost I take as my personal responsibility to pay back to you. As I said it will take a good while, as I have to pay 3.9B back to members and buy us a new home. But as I sold the faction to him, I feel I'm also at fault. 

 

We need places in Torn where leaders can be trusted and want their members to grow and enjoy the game, or what's the point in playing?! That's why when I find nice, hard working players, I do everything to support them at a cost to myself! I even come across green leafs and buy them a palace, rent them my spare PI for $1 for 100 days and drop them 50M on top to get them started. How can Torn get new players if older ones don't/won't help out?! The world sucks, why does a game have to mirror it so well?! I personally want better and will always do better. I've made great friends in Torn and nearly lost 3 of them today, thankfully I managed to give them some hope to keep playing.

 

Like you said in the real world what he has done would carry real consequences. And I've been messaged by a few lovely people offering help, it has restored my faith in the Torn community, somewhat. But if the majority of us jump on the attack most of the time, it's hard to keep people playing. And the ones that quit when BS comes their way, are normally the ones we want to keep. They are the hard working, lovely, no drama players that make this game great. And sadly they aren't too many of them. 

 

But what annoys me the most is defending my friends on this forum and someone who tried to help provide proof. The staff decided giving me a warning over posting too much, is more important than investigating someone who has scammed 10B proudly, yet it doesnt show in their networth. Like where has the money gone?! When I've reported him, I'm the one that is supposed to provide evidence of his multi account? Yet they have the resources to actually look into it. And since this has all happened, talking with a lot of people its highly suspected for ages he's a multi, so where is the investigation? Telling me I need to provide the staff proof, doesn't even make sense. I've raised a concern, investigate! They have the logs, can check his activity, why is it up to me to find another account I think he is funneling the money too? A good scammer will keep that hidden and he is well practiced in this.

 

If it wasn't for my members I feel I now have a debt too, I'd just stop playing! 10 years playing, dropped off for a bit - but coming back and having this happen, then the staff being so lazy about concerns I've raised and giving me a warning. It really does suck. Every other game I play, never had these problems. Feel people are nicer in fortnite and we're literally out to kill one another in that game! But at least common decency exists there! And yea fortnite is simple, but a complex game like this. I do expect people to be better this game doesn’t attract those with a short attention span, its a grinding, long term plan game, just feel as a community we can do a lot better.

MarcusAurelius [2699616]

hes a  journo by day and super hero by night what a man he is 

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

Come fight us if you have an issue man, you picked up your phone one day and decided you disliked me? At least make it obvious why or get back into yer rabbit hole