Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

highschool graduation. AT 20 YEARS OLD?!

Started by boyyondgt [2355231] on in Achievements.

11 replies · 197 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
55
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

boyyondgt [2355231]

HI! some of yall might remember me, as i hit 1 billion battle stats and posted an achievement thread recently! Well i just personally trumped the hell out of that achievement!

 

I graduated HIGHSCHOOL!!

 

Now while i know a good portion might have not even heard of a school, let me explain why this matters alot to me personally.

 

A bit of history! Some of yall might know this! But the country of Syria has only been stable and free for 2 years now :D. Prior to that, it was basically a dictatorship ruled by an asshole known as bashar. but this aint the politic forum so not gonna go into details. Put it bluntly, after being bombed and losing precious people, me and my family fled to Lebanon when i was still a wee 6 year old kid.

 

Time passes, i grow up in Lebanon. I pass all my classes first try, not dropping below an 80/100 on my tests. (Idk what letter that is for ya American crowd). I pull some string's due to private schoola and manage to do grade 9 government official exams without a hitch.

 But come highschool. I had an issue, i didnt have the backing of a private school anymore. As they would cost me over 5 grand. An astronomical sum for a Syrian refugee. So i couldnt register for the exams. Nor the year. This goes on for 2 years. Where i learn coding and web development in my time at home

 

But Allah graced me with love and freed my country of that horrid dictator 2 years ago. My family, wanting to go back, but had to wait for my little brother to finish his early graduation. Waited. So come the start of september last year, we had been in Syria back at my grandma's for 2 months. The call to register to school happens. I go... And without a hitch, just showing my credentials and required papers. I am allowed to attend.

 

A school year passes. I have to acclimate to an ENTIRELY different beast of a curriculum. While Lebanon was based on logic. Syria's based on memorization. Something which i sucked at, having only studied for logic for 11 years. I grit ny teeth. And through countless night..

 

I got the news a couple hours ago. I fucking passed. 49.9% grade but i dont fucking care. Out of ny class of 30. Only 3 passed and im one if them. I failed only 2 subjects. Math (which a person DIED OF SHOCK from its difficulty. Im not even joking) and Physics (same as math but 40+ people passed out instead of dying). I fucking aced English. But yeah. Im so fuxking happy right now y'all cant even imagine.

 

Id again, like to thank the people who have been through this with me, y'all know who y'all are. Fucking beasts y'all are.

 

 

 

TLDR: i wasnt allowed to register for 4 years,  but now i finally graduated highschool in an ENTIRELY different curriculum than what i studied for.

 

 

Ps. Dividends will be done tmrw. Cus its 4 bloody am where im at

Fists [2830940]

incredible, I barely passed myself 😅

 

just curious a 49.9% is passing where you are? 

 

in the united states anything below a 70 and you have to retake the class

 

not to downplay your achievement of course, we probably have different grading systems

Raikunsai [4403665]

CONGRATS BROTHER! Your strong will is amazing. Congratulations again on earning your high school diploma!
I may not know you personally but I am so proud of your great success. Enjoy your day :D

boyyondgt [2355231]

The Syrian exams have absurd difficulty (makes you think its setup to fail) and a good portion of the students study alone without the support of a school. Add onto that a system where if you fail 2 subjects (below 40% of their grade) or specifically fail the arabic subject. And its an instant fail. Makes the 40% pass rate more reasonable for subjects. Now dont get me wrong 49.9% isnt good.. it probably wont do me alot, but im just glad to have done it haha

Lolbits [2275419]

yo congrats!!! while not being a refugee and having a shit ton of privilage I struggled so thats an incredible achievement <3

Avery [2765920]

Always nice seeing you popping up from time to time Boyyo, congrats, that is a fuckin massive achievement. Proud of you :)

BoogalooBoi [3120475]

Nice bro. I dropped out of school and got my GED. Cool to see people bust their ass for education. Hope it gets you closer to what you wanna be in life.