Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Name change

Started by Gizmeld [4449777] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 133 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100
Gizmeld [4449777]

So my original alias used on most if not all online games was taken when I got on (I looked up the name and it says that their last active day was over ten years ago which as far as I just now found this game and started it. Again this is an alias that I have used on MANY many other games and I was wondering if there was anybody I could talk to to get that name or if it is just going to b something I'll have to get over lmao

Shooby [2510470]

No. They have to meet the requirements to overtake someone's name.

 

If you want to take the name of an inactive player the requirements are as follows:

  • The user must not be a donator or subscriber. 
  • The user must be under level 50.
  • The user must be inactive for 75 days + (25 days x their level). [I.e. Between 100 and 1,325 days]
  • The user must not be Fallen, or Resting in Peace.
  • The user must have under 5 weekly active people who have added them to their friends or enemies list.

 

EDIT:

 

If they meet the requirements go here

https://www.torn.com/preferences.php#tab=name

 

 

It costs in game points (money) to do though 

Mentions: Name Change Issue

Lady_White [2676391]

You can change your name here.

 

If you want to take the name of an inactive player the requirements are as follows:

  • The user must not be a donator or subscriber.
  • The user must be under level 50.
  • The user must be inactive for 75 days + (25 days x their level). [I.e. Between 100 and 1,325 days]
  • The user must not be Fallen, or Resting in Peace.
  • The user must have under 5 weekly active people who have added them to their friends or enemies list.
  • Username must be less than 15 characters long

 

In the case of Lyonin, these are all true so you can request the change but will cost you 250 points, instead of the usual 100

Gizmeld [4449777]

Ah well if it will cost irl money to absorb that name then I'll wait to get enough in game currency to do so. Thank you all for the information and I'll work toward getting the igc to get the points to do so

Shooby [2510470]

It's just in game currency you need to exchange for points on the points market just to clarify. 

 

If that's something you're interested in doing, I would maybe consider editing the specific you name you want out of this post in the off chance someone decides to take it just because someone else wants it.

Gizmeld [4449777]

Thanks for the advice and I did, however it is still in he other posts too. I'll get there within the next little while but for now I just have to wait out the cooldowns to keep making the money :D

 

I appreciate the fast and accurate responses for real