Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hitting API Limits

Started by Deadringers [2560768] on in Bugs & Issues.

2 replies · 71 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100
Deadringers [2560768]

I have a few discord bots to monitor my bazaar/PI sales etc, and also use PDA + torn tools.

I've hit the "daily read error" a couple times in the past few days when polling my events - but I think it's a mistake. 

 

At WORST I'd have like 400 events an hour, so over a 24 hour period that's 9,600 events. < And this is likely quite a bit lower on average.

 

 

My discord bot polls all these events every hour, and then puts it into a JSON file - so only needs to poll the events it hasn't seen - not all of them again.

 

 

If we assume Torn tools + PDA also polls every single event, that's still under 30k rows called in a 24 hour period - less than the 50k quoted here. 

 

 

I don't have any visibility into how close/far away from this limit I'm at so raising a bug here as I don't think I should be hitting this limit.

I'm also not 100% sure what Torn API considers when it says "Endpoints that pull that data have an additional limit of 50,000 rows a day (rolling 24 hours), for a specific category."
I'm assuming that when I call events - each event ID is considered it's own row?


Mentions: What is the daily read limit for API keys?

Deadringers [2560768]

FYI I've not hit them for some time, but hit them again today.

I THINK what has happened is that I haven't used my macbook for a while, and therefore the TornTools on that didn't query the API so my usage was lower.

So it seems to be a combination of:


  1. Me being the largest trader in Torn (6k + customers a week, 1-2k events a day)
  2. Using the API with a discord bot to monitor my sales, and extract events
  3. TornTools on my PC and Macbook both also hitting the API. 

 

 

Is there any way we can extend the usage perhaps? 

 

Just spitballing some ideas

 

  1. Anyone with THOUSANDS of events like me can have a limit that scales with us
  2. If you're listed on the Bazaar dasboard for general busiest - you get a higher limit