Well I mean if it was meant to be in the millions but was in the billions, then isn't that an accident? Or do you mean that it was some kind of cleverly disguised vault theft plan?
Not sure if any other Nuke leader has said anything about this yet, but regardless of anyone's opinion on Vitamin or xBlue, if anyone has proof that a Nuke member was involved in doxxing Vitamin or spreading his IRL photos around, please send it to staff and to me.
I can assure you if we find out a Nuker was involved, they will be removed. We don't tolerate that shit at all. Doesn't matter who the person is or what happened in game, bringing someone's real life into Torn drama is way over the line.
I also genuinely want to apologize to Vitamin that this happened, and even more so if it turns out someone from Nuke was involved.
If anyone has actual information about who did it, please forward it to Torn staff and myself.
I would like to address the unsubstantiated allegations by VitaminT21 that he was doxxed and harassed by Nuke members.
sugarvalves contacted Nuke and VitaminT21 on 04/08/26 asking for an interview. In question 6 it is clear that sugarvalves spoke to VitaminT21 first and the claim of doxxing had already been made.
Here is Dealers newspaper statement regarding the claims.
"I have never labelled him as a vault thief, and I have no knowledge of anyone in Nuke doing so either. He has already been working with NF to return the funds he was mistakenly sent, which is not something a thief would do. I also strongly condemn any form of intimidation involving someone’s real-life identity." - Dealer
A day after his allegations, VitaminT21 replied to Dealer with his appreciation of how respectful we have been towards him. This contradicts his own allegations of doxxing and harassment by Nuke.
"I know shadow passed what i wrote yesterday to you. I appreciate you all being respectful of this situation.
I would like to acknowledge that I really think you and Nuke have handled this better than I would have in your position. I know its a game. I care about the game, so I know other care about this game too." - VitaminT21
For clarity, here is Dealers reply to the above mail. VitaminT21 has not yet replied to this mail or any other attempts to communicate with him since 05/08.
The claims of doxxing and harassment by Nuke have since been removed from the newspaper article by sugarvales due to there being no proof of any of these claims.
Aproximately 25.6b has been sent to Nuke by Xbluejob after he kept to his initial word of covering lost funds personally. He has since stated his intention to quit Torn. This brings the current total of 73b of 82b reclaimed.
Xbluejob is a man of his word unlike VitaminT21, and we respect him for that. Should VitaminT21 reconsider he knows where to reach us. Any funds he does return to us will be sent back to Xbluejob.
First, the newsletter article has been edited to make it clear that there is no evidence that the facebook doxxing was done by members of NUKE. It isn't clear who did it.
Second, to those who believe this was some vault theft plot, remember that Vitamin got sent the money while he was asleep. Not a trade, but simply sent; when he was offline for hours, and would still be offline for quite a while after receiving it. Which is why NUKE members started mugging him to recover some of the money. And why Halos hospitalized him until he finally came back online. Maybe I don't have the 200 IQ brain required, but I don't think that's how I would go about things if I wanted to steal the money. This is mainly why I firmly believe this was simply a mistake by NUKE's banker. Occam's razor and all.
Glad the doxing accusation was removed if false, though it's quite concerning it was ever included if substantial proof wasn't provided...
The leap in logic of it being "credited by Torn" and therefore VitaminT21's money to keep... Wow. Vitamin, if you're reading this, it would only have been credited because the transaction was falsely flagged as RMT, and the funds likely automatically removed from the game. "Crediting" them back is just the reversal of the funds being removed from the game entirely. It's not validation what you are doing by keeping it is anything but theft, and it's still not too late to save your reputation by doing the right thing. Especially with Halloweek around the corner...
And props to DeaLeR for being so willing to negotiate there - many would be hesitant to even entertain it to that extent, but he seems to have responded exceptionally well. Hopefully Vitamin reconsiders his kind offer; he could easily walk away from this a respectable person who's still much better off than before the banker's mistake.
I think most of us have for ever and for whatever reason been wrongly assuming what gets published in the newspaper to always be true.
This is completely wrong. Not only the individuals interviewed could potentially lie, whomever writes the article is hold to no oath to truth either (hey, just like real life).
So yeah moving forward I think we should be a bit more critical of what we see and read.
And props to DeaLeR for being so willing to negotiate there - many would be hesitant to even entertain it to that extent
It was Dealers suggestion for us to let him keep 5b of the mistakenly sent funds too, as we sympathised with him by how much everything blew up around him. So after everything was said and done, he'd still be 5b up.
If i read this correctly sending the money when he was offline was a shit move, bit of an overkill on the karmatic justice though, but cant blame him either