Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

DA vs ODB

Started by Beerstein [1322136] on in Faction Discussion.

282 replies · 922 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 283 / 283 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

dvatt [304285]

unbelievable war - all I can say is I am glad it is over - ODB activity was awesome - one of the best wars I have been in

__SmittySon__ [3830323]

GG WP DA! Huge shout out to Q, Boonie, Bitters, Woog and rest of ODB leadership! You guys kept us motivated and always had a plan. To my fellow TROUTS, it was an honor to fight with you guys. 

by far my longest and favorite war I’ve ever been in. Live, learn, and on to the next one. 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

 

 

 

Antril [3021498]

Amazing fight, looked dire for a while until we turned it around. Even then, you guys kept it close until the end.

HotCuppaTea [2956896]

Gg to both sides, awesome war to watch!

 

Err on a side note.. ODB didn’t drop rank.. isn’t this just gonna encourage even more terming if its not easy to tank your elo..

Silver_Rose [1642775]

Thank you, ODB. You guys are tough fish and a lot of fun to fight.

 

Maybe a few days too long.

 

DA… showing up as you did- you’re amazing.

 

 I’m so proud, and way too sober for how good this feels.

 

 

Beerstein [1322136]

There's hidden ranks, if they didn't drop it means the system thinks they're ranked low so they have a little grace. Remember not all wars changed your rank in the past as well.

Beerstein [1322136]

Oh it is, but there's ranks within the divisions. I guess highscore still shows locations, not sure if that's based on hidden rank or what.

BoonieSteep [2947669] Reporter

Very fun war. Congrats to everyone and especially to bitters for taking the lead on such a massive undertaking!

It was fun warring in D3 - Q has sold us all to the cache mines to recover the costs of this war.

FirstL15ht [2342206]

GG ODB!  You kept us on our toes from start to end, not a single dull moment.  TBH, towards the end, we all privately wished you would simply "roll over" and let us take the win but you persisted and fought until the last minute like a true warrior!!

 

Special thank you to @Beerstein for being the beacon of light leading us "push" through our most vulnerable, darkest hours. 

 

GO DA! 

Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee

Huge shoutout to Bitters by the way. Absolutely insane war to roll for his first turn ever as main war leader here in ODB. My confidence in him was not misplaced. And Wooglore did a great job co-leading it.

 

But also in a war this long it can't really be carried by one or two leads, and it warmed my heart to see we have a whole stable of active, experienced war leads who know how to handle most situations that come along and are smart and creative when they hit a new one. Bitters, Booniesteep, Yoyoyossarian, Fsh. Sparks42069 hasn't been official war lead here yet but ran things like a pro at times this weekend when the rest needed a break and I look forward to him being in charge of some in future. And a ton of more junior up and coming people who took on a lot of responsiblity this weekend too - esp QueenWoog, Wooglore, Apothe. And thanks to Xenon for letting us borrow Rouge again too!

 

 A couple of years ago I wouldn't have felt I could step away without it all falling apart, but today especially I felt totally redundant when I woke up and saw how many voices were discussing plans and volunteering for tasks and just making the machinery run like clockwork.

 

Makes me really feel like part of something special here.

 

Also I guess DA did quite well too :P

 

Nah seriously, I thought that people were underestimating you massively in the initial parts of this thread, and some of you were underestimating yourselves, and although it was exhausting and I'd like to have won, I'm also really happy that was the case. It's great to have you as a strong ally. Hope we get to fight side-by-side at some point rather than just against each other!