Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chats purged?

Started by Viciously_Grim [2752611] on in Bugs & Issues.

26 replies · 207 views · thread synced · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
53 / 100
Engagement score
71 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Zeke [449597] ×1 Dsla [2807954] ×1 SmokeSolo [3155079] ×1

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

I've recently messaged 2 people I could swear I had chat history with but there is no chat history.

 

Is this a bug or am I imagining things? This is not affecting all chats.

 

Please don't post chat logs as I have been asked to not post chat logs ever again thank you.

 

SmokeSolo [3155079] and I had a lengthy discussion about 2 years ago and it is no longer in our chat history. I had chat history with Dsla [2807954] going back that far as of a few days ago but it is no longer there, either, stopping on February 2026 now. Please check thank you.

 

I am missing more chats. I have no chat history at all with Zeke [449597] and we literally just chatted about 20 days ago.

Mentions: Dsla [2807954] · SmokeSolo [3155079] · Zeke [449597]

Ben_Hagen [2966467]

at least two older chats disappeared here too

 

update: more than 10 chats gone without a doubt, probably many more

Zeeningg [3822585]

same for myself. i was just talking to a bunch of newer faction mates about the Scrooge "minigame" and myself and a few others went to go look for our chats with him, and they are all wiped with him

 

usul-enkidu [3638056]

same for me - did want to lookup chat history with my landlord - none visible prior to mid Feb 26.
check some other random chats - same issue.
nothing visible prior to Jan 29 2026.
all (?) chat partners are visible but without content.

WinterValor [3945658]

It is already marked as a confirmed bug, no point in bumping the thread. They will give an update when they get to work on it

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

The staff member I talked to said devs would likely be able to restore them, but it looks like it will take more time than they thought it would.

 

I assume a database got corrupted.

pdk [3626257]

I doubt bumping matters at this point, pretty sure devs filter out confirmed when checking new b and i, besides, i wasnt bumping

 

edit 

 

13:20:11 - 10/08/26 Someone anonymously sent $1 to you with the message: don't spam B&I, we tolerate the rest of your shit but not there

ok buddy, i asked about the status of an issue that affects me, if thats what you consider spamming you have severe perception issues. kindly refrain from sending me anything ever again. Thank you

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

Sendbird have changed their retention period policy and have stopped storing the messages that are older than 6 months. Luckily, the devs have already been working on an in-house solution for Chat and we have all of the older messages backed up in our databases and we are already recording all of the new chat messages as well. Once Chat 3.1 is rolled out, all of these older messages would become available again. We don't have any solution for this issue in the current Chat version because Sendbird doesn't show us any of the older messages anymore.