Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

100m/week

Started by DefilingDemon [700846] on in Achievements.

14 replies · 543 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
52
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
50 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

Most-liked replies

DefilingDemon [700846]

So in the grand scheme of things I guess this is an achievement for me personally and not something big for the wider torn community 

But after.... Far too long. I'm now making an average of 100m/week in passive income without the bank intrest being factored in!

 

So..  what's next... Simple.. 4360 cans of Munster for a year long epic training session!!!

Bish [141605]

Wonderful goal to achieve, keep it up. You have no idea how many old players you're doing better than. Anybody who fails to do this before they hit max rehab has goofed, in my opinion. I have the ambitious goal of eventually earning an average of 100M/day profit after expenses, but it's been extremely slow going approaching it because I keep sinking money into gear (both new additions and upgrades), while also generally trying to hand my current items down to my wife whenever I do upgrade and am able to, which prevents resale and makes it harder. 

Fingers crossed we both get to that milestone sooner rather than later. Careful on the cans; with 8 hours of sleep you can get a very cheap 1,530 energy/day (let's say about 2.55M of xanax and 0.95M of points, for a total of 3.5M), and everything beyond that is vastly more expensive. Even 12 Goose Juice cost 5.4M, giving only 96 energy, which is 6.27% of a regular day's worth, at a price 54.29% higher than that first 1,530 E runs at. That assumes one's faction has 50% can effect Voracity perks too, and every higher can will grow progressively less efficient in terms of energy/dollar than that. I drank plenty and don't exactly regret it, but it is indeed a sacrifice and you wouldn't be wrong to abstain, either. 

 

Edit: I suppose I didn't differentiate between free natural energy (630 E) and the xan/point components (900 E) within the 1,530 E of a standard day, and it's true that the comparison is less unfavorable when they are split, but it remains horrifically lopsided. That's part of what makes Torn a game where 10x the effort might get you 25% ahead. The true gains are just from being consistent about the bare-bone essentials, and while you've already acquired the higher ROI investments of the early game, the savings from doing fewer cans would still go on to generate even more money for you. It takes very little time to pump billions of dollars into your stats with SEs down the line if/when you so choose, but you can't trade the stats back for cash once you do make those exchanges. 

 

I hope I can say this seeming not like a hypocrite, but instead like a guy who played for the midgame and then made it vaguely to the end game and now has to deal with the consequences. You have to do what keeps the game fun and right for you, but there are rewards for patience, too. 

DefilingDemon [700846]

I won't lie, I'm curious about your plan for 100m/day. 

 

Im toying with the idea of building the NW to stock flip aswell as the passive as this is the only way I can see it being viable. If you don't mind sharing your plans it would be appreciated 

Done [1380853]

I guess you can get around 25m+ a day from:
- passive BB blocks (15-16m)
- Probably around 3.5-5m salary daily (depedning on workstats)

- 1-3m a day from OCs in the faction
- another 2-5m+ a day from RW
- flying (1-2m a day)
-bank (3.7m a day)

then, to move above this:
- be a director of a company (smaller ones with selling trains like AN, Sweet Shop, Grocery can make you an extra 30m-50m a week)
- bigger companies (logistics, mining, psf) can make you 7-25m a day)
- casino
- trading, rw trading
- stocks (but i don't think you can get more than 24% roi per year on this, so it's kinda hard)
- other creative ways :D

Bish [141605]

Of course, I'm happy to share. 

 

Basically, the heart of my passive income is my oil rig. I've put 39.375B into it so far, which is really all that's essential, although there's about 10B more of upgrades I could technically purchase (some of those would be useless, some of them would actually be helpful). On good days remaining about even in stock, it can earn 50M. 

 

I also have a 50% stake in my torn spouse's oil rig currently. He runs it quite well and that was a great investment. He does have the option of buying me out one day, though, and I wouldn't blame him at all for doing it (frankly he deserves that), so I don't count on that as an eternal thing. If/when that day comes, I'll put the money into the stuff below. 

 

I used to have a great stock portfolio and 10 max PIs I rented out, but among other expensive things, I exchanged them for quicker progress on my oil rig. I'm slowly working toward getting the stocks I sold back, and then the list of stocks I never owned but still want, before anything else, because Ched's decision to make stocks increase in cost by ~10%/year on average means they'll all halve in ROI every 7 years or so, which means it's now or never on a lot of them. I'm intending to go much lower in ROI percentage than max PIs would offer, I know it's objectively stupid but I just like the idea of having them and I want to do it before they're like 0% ROI. The list includes a lot of technically zero-income stuff, though, like a third BAG BB, a fifth MCS, some EVLs to match that, and four CBDs. 

 

Once I'm done with my very long list of stocks to purchase, I intend to slowly amass 25 max PIs to rent out. They do take 6 years to pay themselves off, vaguely, but I'd say that's well worth the steady income all the same. I think once everything is said and done, with my goals, I'll have about 200B NW. Despite having just shy of 10B dex, I generally don't SE (most of the ones I've done have been gifts), and won't until my goals are done. I keep getting sidetracked with my cash, though, getting various nice things; I'm working on upgrading my Vanguard set (still need to find phenomenal Vanguard Body and Vanguard Gloves somewhere so I can have +200% dex multiplier when at 0% addiction), and I would like to acquire a nice Stricken weapon, a great Motivation weapon, and a nice Execute, and I do eventually need to upgrade my secondary (a 28% Eviscerate Blunderbuss) to a better, dual-perk version of itself, but after that I think my inventory will have everything I could want. 

 

I can't actively stock trade to save my life, I much prefer the steady income of the BBs. There's something really satisfying about something being guaranteed to come in. I also mug when I can (legitimately, I did try the bots briefly when they were new but it didn't take long for me to be completely disgusted by them and stop, because they're just cheating, really), and that helps me a fair deal, at least when it goes well. I don't like to count on that as an income, though, because often life doesn't really allow for it. 

 

Having spent so many dozens of billions on my gear, I feel like I'd advise a smarter person to lean into all of that later in the NW growth curve than I did. I always say that compared to top end gear, you can typically get ~85% of the value at 10% of the price. It's also important to stay away from gambling, unless you're great at poker, in which case you're set to be among the richest people in the game (basically all of whom are poker players). One must remember that for every rich gambler, there's someone or a heap of people who lost the same money, though. 

 

My rule in general once I own a stock block is to never sell it unless I'm just rearranging my assets to a higher ROI thing (since they fluctuate in price and all that relative to their benefits). I've mostly stuck to that, except when I purchased my primary (10B) and my melee (13B). Moving the remainder to the oil rig was a great move though. That method keeps your money safe from yourself. I find I always grow stupider if I have a lot of liquid, so it's better to sequester it safely. 

 

Sorry for the length of my reply, and for it being a relatively generic plan. You already know what to do since you got your foundation, it's basically more of the same, and with lower returns. I'm estimating my daily costs to be about 15.34M (2.55M for 3 xan, 8.5M for the corresponding 34 rehabs after natural decay, 2.79M for 90 points for all 3 refills, and maybe 1.5M for an average day of 150x 100k slot spins chasing the Jackpot merit, which I hope one day will disappear as a necessity). That means I have to aim for vaguely 116M of passive income each day. It's doable, will just take a very long time. I figure from there, that funds about 6.74 SEs/month, which could by itself double a stat every 10.39 months (obviously, that would be faster if gym training was included in the process). That would mean it would take about 31.15 months from achieving my NW goals to drag my dex up from 12.5B to 100B if I relied only on that, so it's not too terrible a length of time (I'm thinking I'll continue to train dex in the gym a hair over half the time as I do now, though, so it should be faster). That's all I have my eyes set on in terms of big goals once I have all the stuff I want. I'm glad at this point that the list of non-investment purchases I intend to make is fairly short. 

Done [1380853]

Loved this response. Thanks for the transparency :D

3rd BAG tho :O ooof, I was thinking that might be a bit of a waste of money, but now that i see another person mention it :D hehehe

Bish [141605]

You can never have enough special ammo. I run piercing 100% of the time on my primary. Nothing compares to the equivalent of 50% Penetrate.Two BAGs is great but it takes a third BAG to finally have a >50% chance of getting a specific ammo type if you only have one weapon equipped (two gives a 43.75% chance, and three gives a 57.8125% chance). 

[image: i.gyazo.com]

It helps a lot to have a low firing rate weapon. 

There is now a slightly better version of mine out there (higher quality, +1% Powerful, -1% Conserve), but since it would cost over 15B, and I would want to hand this one down to my wife, there's almost no chance I could make it happen any time soon. Objectively, I'd be better off doing the 33.7 SEs that the minimum of 15B could fund. But I'll continue to dream and may upgrade one day. 

 

I'm slowly working on getting my mission credits high enough such that I can buy any special ammo I want from the mission shop as it shows up without doing missions, by only relying on the +25% mission credit eggs (the super rare purple ones; to me they seem only as frequent as gold eggs). Because of some indiscretions and a book, though, I'm only at about 6k currently (though I do already have all 30 mods). I need to be more fastidious about that, and stop buying the cheap items to try to cycle ammo in. It's such a long-term goal that it's hard to always focus on. I figure it requires a truly immense quantity of credits. It'd probably also be faster if I stopped buying ammo in the meantime, but I can't help myself. 

Done [1380853]

DAT WEAPON!!!! :D Epic, just epic. honestly i wouldn't ever want to upgrade that lol :D Nice work, great mindset, we should chat sometimes hhehe