Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

220bil net worth

Started by peanut [4112918] on in Achievements.

203 replies · 2.64k views · thread synced · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 204 / 204 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

peanut [4112918]

who says i haven't spent or donated to good cause over the course of my life?

 

neither me or you should have to "justify" any amount that I have spent on this game, nor do i need to prove anything to you lol

 

fwiw i dont exactly disagree with you though, i  do wish that the world was better. i wish all the giga rich people in this world was a bit more compassionate and shared their wealth more, then maybe this world wouldn't be as shitty as it is now. but hey, im just one guy. im no musk, or zuckerberg, or gates. i dont have the power to change the world for the better, as much as i'd love to. so im just going to do what i can to protect my own and enjoy my life the way i want with what resources i have.

 

best wishes to you

peanut [4112918]

Edited to add: your OP says "it's been a long and hard journey" -- could you speak to what in particular was hard?

 

The journey of my life leading up to the point where i am able to have enough disposable income to spend on games like this was long and hard

Swatsicle [1593313]

You're far from the only one to spend like you do in this rage room for rich people we call Torn; I'm not saying you are unique in that way.

 

You are however the first person I've seen to make an achievement thread for wiring money to Torn, which is what made me feel compelled to reply to this thread as I did.

 

The decisions we make all have effects. I'd be very glad to learn you donate such amounts to charity. I'd still question the morality of choosing to buy an achievement thread over doing that, because one of those benefits just one ego, and the other benefits... thousands or tens of thousands of others. The decision to spend as you did prioritizes one over the other.

 

You don't have to justify this to me, anyway. I'm just a guy. But if you were to try to justify it to anyone, especially to e.g. people on the sharp end of poverty, I'm sure you'd agree that's a pretty difficult task. That's all I was trying to say.

 

In any case, the power you think you have is the power you have. See e.g. Gary Stevenson if you're curious about well-off people trying to change things.

 

A highly unequal world makes everyone miserable, even those at the top. I'd venture a guess that that's why making this thread seemed like a normal or good idea, when the only "achievement" is payment. Our actions serve our needs; this one serves yours, or at least tries to.

peanut [4112918]

you'd be surprised by the countless positive interactions i've had and connections i've formed due to this thread in the short few months since i posted it

there's a lot i can say about how you've responded to my thread and how you saw it, and im sorry it seems like the jokes in this thread kinda just flew over your head. im too busy and too tired to elaborate further so i'll end my discussion with you here. once again, best wishes.

Control [3797240]

This "eat the rich" thing has gone too far. 

 

In real life no one asks you how you got the money. They just call you their lord and savior. Torn is very much not like that...

Vincent [1577779]

I can not even fathom having that type of money irl, so all though envious of course I am glad some people in life do get to that stage and are able to enjoy money on things they want too. 

Hopefully you bought some neat stuff in torn and irl with some awesome memories.



(please do not overtake me too fast)

Karpik5 [3849479]

I had forgotten about this post for a moment too, but I see you're still pushing forward.I understand and, to some extent, share all the comments made here. Despite the hate coming from many quarters, I still wish you good luck and perseverance ✌🏻

Control [3797240]

Those might actually make you a profit, would you ever sell. I funded my first blue name by selling some Magic the Gathering cards. And that's not half as popular as Pokemon. 

Triclo [4398977]

hey, that's an amazing achievement. What are your plans going forward in terms of increasing your nw more? Is it stocks buying when it dips or is it a chain of PIs? 

peanut [4112918]

yeah i had a decent mtg collection back in the day but i sold most of it

for the past two years ive been focused on vintage pokemon and ive done really well with them. what a crazy market TCGs have become