Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Why is my networth so high ?

Started by Mr-Human [4478188] on in Questions & Answers.

15 replies · 355 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
16
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100
Mr-Human [4478188]

Hi there.

So this is my second day in the game and I was looking at my stats when I saw that my networth is 191,000 $ and it shocked me since I don't really own much. I only have the first purchasable house (5,000$) and all few clothes and some other random items and I only have 9,000$ cash. To my calculations my networth shouldn't be more than 20k. 25k at MOST. So why is my networth so high. 

Do new players get a hidden stash of cash that I don't know of ?

nihilisticcat [2112766]

You're networth is $750 according to your public stats, but it might not have updated yet :)

 

Under your personal stats it'll lay out all the different categories that go into your net (that's not public, so we can't see it from the outside) but that'll give you a hint of where to look for abnormalities 

Mr-Human [4478188]

I checked it says that I have 184,467$ in my inventory but I checked my items and there is nothing even nearly that expensive.

My most expensive item is a pair of pants that sells for less than 1k.

Does inventory not mean items ?

Or are there items that don't show in the items section ?

I did get the piggy bank though but I don't know how to use it so I haven't put any money in it.

Do piggy banks come with 175k when bought ?  Cause I don't know really

Static1589 [2693019]

Networth is everything you own (items, property etc) + any cash on hand, in bank and stocks.

 

Couple dollars here and there doesn't look like much, but it adds up quickly and suddenly it's 180k combined. Still not much but I'm sure you get my point.

Mr-Human [4478188]

Yes I do the thing is the amount is normal for everything except for my inventory.

It says I have 180k in my inventory but I only have around 30 items and the most expensive one sells for 950$ so it is nowhere near that.

Mong [3401450]

Well when you consider a Xanax is nearly 1million and some alcohol is 300k the pricing in torn is very strange you've probably got something really shit but somehow worth money 

180k isn't a lot my friend but always guard you money 

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

It could be the items that you have in your inventory. A lot of the game's shop items are resold for profit. The game has a 100 item limit that you can buy from the ingame stores per day. Players buy 100 of an item (A really popular one is beer) and then sell them on the item market. 

 

The value of the item for networth is not determined by the shop value, it's the value that the items are being traded or sold to other players for. 

Mr-Human [4478188]

Oh my God

 

Why are chocolates so valued

Is there some secret use to chocolates

Like chocolate kisses are valued at more than 50k

ThunderBlitz [2684774]

Welcome to Torn, check your reality at the gate.  🚫

 

Sweets increase your happiness, which increase your gym gains, especially when used in "jumps" (read up on those.)  However, the numbers you're seeing just now, they ain't high, your eyes will melt when you see how much an energy drink sells for!  😅

 

 

WhackedMaki [2587660]

50k may sound like a lot for chocolate, but for how money works in this game, 50k is comparatively cheaper than a real life bag of chocolate. People have billions of dollars in this game