Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Shop

Started by ahmad_kaab [4295891] on in Graveyard.

181 replies · 548 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 182 / 182 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
182
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
69 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

ahmad_kaab [4295891] ×1

ahmad_kaab [4295891]

Holy shit, you're embarrassing yourself.

 

You came into my thread, accused me of stealing, couldn't produce a single fucking receipt, then had a little “ewww I'm gonna throw up” episode over a JPEG.

 

That's genuinely pathetic.

 

Yes, I use AI. I never hid that. I use it as a tool, make the creative decisions, edit the output and deliver the final work. Cry about the technology all you want.

 

But here's the part you probably won't like:

 

You didn't hurt my ego.

 

You just showed everyone how badly you needed mine to notice you.

 

Imagine seeing someone's work, hating it so much that you had to crawl into their thread and announce your disgust like anybody fucking asked.

 

You weren't a customer.

You weren't a critic.

You weren't even useful.

 

You were just free engagement with a superiority complex.

 

Thanks for the bump, though. Keep seething. It suits you.

ahmad_kaab [4295891]

“Pretending to make these?”

 

So if I use AI, the design suddenly made itself?

 

By that logic, photographers don't take photos because they use cameras, musicians don't make music because they use software, and designers don't design because they use Photoshop.

 

AI is a tool. The decisions are mine.

 

If you think typing a prompt automatically produces the exact work I posted, you should probably try making one yourself.

 

That experiment might answer your question.

ThunderBlitz [2684774]

If you think typing a prompt automatically produces the exact work I posted, you should probably try making one yourself.

 

Done.

 

[image: profileimages.torn.com]

It took precisely 2 prompts and less than 2 minutes total time to create and, is exactly what I wanted in return!  It would only have needed 1 prompt/minute total, if I hadn't forgot to include the vanity plate the first time.

 

So if I use AI, the design suddenly made itself?

 

Yes. That is literally how AI-Generators work! You type some words, it does the work for you.  You only need multiple prompts, if your initial one/s aren't very detailed - or, if your 'vision' is overly complex - but, as with all things AI, the more prompts you use, the further and further it gets from where you want to be.

 

AI is a tool.

 

Yes, it's a tool. A machine that does the heavy lifting for you.  The images above are 100% AI-Generated, that's blatantly obvious to everyone with even basic knowledge of AI.  Using it and claiming ownership of the work, is like pressing a button on a crane and shouting "hey! Look at me, I'm lifting the girder!" 🤦🏻 No, you're not, you're enabling a machine to do it for you.

 

I've said some of this in another thread (now graved, I believe) but, I genuinely enjoy making AI images. However, I'll never delude myself - or others - into thinking I played any significant part in their creation.  At most, I gave it ideas and it ran with them but, the AI still does the work, not me.  🤷🏻

 

 

 

 

Edit: formatting

 

 

 

ahmad_kaab [4295891]

I think you're giving yourself way too much credit for typing two prompts.

You didn't “make” those pixels either.

Your computer did.
Your GPU did.
Your software did.
Your operating system did.
Your display rendered them.

So where exactly is your magical cutoff?

How many operations have to be performed by a human before something counts as “made”?

If I manually draw every line: creator.

If Photoshop draws the line after I click a tool: not creator.

If I use generative fill: suddenly not creator.

If I use a camera's autofocus: photographer disqualified.

If I use a calculator: mathematician disqualified.

If I use a 3D renderer: 3D artist disqualified.

If I use spellcheck: author disqualified.

At some point you're not defending a meaningful definition of creativity.

You're just rewarding people for doing more manual labour.


Congratulations on proving the efficiency of the machine.

I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate
the talent of the operator.

ThunderBlitz [2684774]

Ahhhh, now I understand the issue, here.  You're completely unhinged.  I'll leave you to your wild scrawlings.

 

 

 

 

 

And just a piece of advice, if you're using AI as a translator, at least ask it to format your diatribe like a person wrote it.  It's one of the tools many features.

 

 

 

 

CurlyBracket [2766476]

When defending yourself from accusations of overly-relying on AI tools for your gfx generation, it may not have been wise to use clearly AI-generated text slop.

Clark [2062002]

Mad thing is, you think you're new with this argument, you aint, weve seen it a thousand times, and a thousand times its been wrong.

gmap [3399774]

Ah yes, I'm totally gonna go out of my way to find a guy who speak's Hindi to translate for you.

The point is, making anything in photoshop takes time, there's actual skill progression past refining a prompt (which AI can just do for you) 


So where exactly is your magical cutoff?

Where an actual human is compositing the image, & not just controlling a robot with words!