Summary:
Add an optional setting to a user's account that allows them to temporarily bypass the 10,000-item transfer limit when moving items into or out of the Display Cabinet and Bazaars.
Many players consider themselves collectors, and the current 10,000-item limit makes managing large collections extremely difficult.
For example, I currently have over 2 million jackets in my Display Cabinet, which I have accumulated over several years. With the current restriction, I can only remove or add 10,000 items at a time. The same limitation applies when moving large quantities through Bazaars.
This creates a significant amount of unnecessary work for players with large collections. I personally have several players who would be willing to sell me their entire collections, but the process is impractical because of the 10,000-item transfer restriction.
I completely understand why the restriction exists and why it may be important for preventing abuse, accidental mass transfers, or putting excessive strain on the system. I'm not necessarily suggesting that the limit be removed for everyone.
Proposed Solution
Add a toggle in the user's settings such as:
Allow Bulk Transfers
When enabled, allows transfers exceeding the standard 10,000-item limit.
The setting could:
- Be disabled by default.
- Allow users to temporarily bypass the 10,000-item limit.
- Automatically turn itself back off after one hour to prevent users from accidentally leaving the setting enabled indefinitely.
- Potentially display a warning/confirmation when enabling it, especially if the user is about to perform a very large transfer.
This would preserve the existing 10,000-item restriction for the vast majority of players while giving serious collectors a practical way to manage their collections.
The goal isn't to remove the safeguard entirely—it's to give players who understand the implications a controlled way to perform legitimate bulk transfers.
For collectors with millions of items, being able to move large quantities at once would be a major quality-of-life improvement and could also make large collection sales and purchases much more practical.
I also realize this feature only serves a minority of the torn population so it's not a high priority.