Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn Needs A Driver Friendly Mode

Started by Titus [2198442] on in General Discussion.

48 replies · 1.21k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 49 / 49 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
49
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Titus [2198442]

Hello everyone,

 

I have a bone to pick with Chedburn.

 

I was trying to read the tiny little words on my phone that this game uses and almost caused an accident

 

Like seriously why are you going to make this game accessible on our phones and then make it difficult to play while I’m behind the wheel? 

 

Anyways I guess what I’m trying to say is that maybe they should implement a special mode that makes it easier to read the text when your driving?

 

Something like a driver friendly mode or maybe even use an AI program that would just read me the text so that I’m not having to look down as much while I’m driving. 


I almost hit someone a couple days ago because they were playing Torn while walking and ended up walking in the middle of the road because they had the same issue as me. So don’t go jumping in my throat telling me that I have issues because I don’t. 


Questions for General Discussion:

 

1: Does Torn City need a Driver Friendly mode?

 

2: Would Text to speech make Torn safer for drivers?

 

3: Has anyone else had trouble playing Torn while driving?


4: Who has the right of way if both the driver and pedestrian are playing Torn?

 

 

 

Noema [4037676]

I’ll also suggest, speech - action. Call me an amateur but I don’t normally have a spare hand when I’m holding a beer and the wheel.

Surreptitious [3819111]

3. I have a hard time playing torn in my Colina Tanprice. Something about 'breaking the fourth wall'? Doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, I've made it to racer class A so clearly haven't have a hard time driving in Torn. 

Rob_Zombie [3195576]

The hardest thing about playing Torn while riding my Suzuki Bandit is my Kevlar biker gloves dont have screen sensitive fingers which makes hitting the right buttons quite a challenge.

dunmugmeh [538353]

You cant mess around with your phone and drive at the same time ....

 

You are just going to end up hurting yourself and other people.

 

Your drivers license will be taken away if you are at it the entire time you are in your car.