Is Torn Going Nautical?
Okay, hear me out.
Do you guys think Sailing could actually become a thing in Torn someday?
Because I've been noticing way too many nautical things lying around the game.
First, we have the Yacht.
It's a freaking yacht. An expensive boat sitting at your Private Island. Right now it's basically a luxury item with happiness and a merit attached to it.
But... why a yacht?
Then we have Sailing as an actual education course.
And that's the part that gets me.
You can literally study Sailing in Torn, but as far as I know, it doesn't really do anything.
Then there's the Fishing Rod.
Right now it's basically useless, but the Wiki even says it could potentially be used in a future crime.
Then we have a Net.
And Trout.
And tides at the beach.
And then there's all the diving stuff:
Snorkel. Flippers. Wetsuit. Diving Gloves.
And a Sextant.
Like...
Bro.
How much ocean stuff do we need before we start asking questions?
I'm not saying "SAILING UPDATE CONFIRMED!!!"
Maybe all of this is completely unrelated.
But imagine if they actually connected it someday.
You buy a Yacht.
You learn Sailing.
You take the boat out.
You go fishing.
Maybe different areas have different fish.
Maybe you find shipwrecks.
Maybe you find treasure.
Maybe you discover some random island.
Maybe there's smuggling.
Maybe there are special missions.
And then...
What if you can attack someone's Private Island from the sea?
Now THAT would be sick.
Imagine seeing:
«Your Yacht has arrived at [Player]'s Private Island.»
💀
Maybe there could be island defenses.
Maybe you could upgrade your Yacht.
Maybe there could be some kind of naval PvP.
Maybe you need Sailing education before you can even do any of it.
And suddenly all those random nautical items actually have a reason to exist.
Fishing Rod?
Useful.
Net?
Useful.
Sextant?
Useful.
Yacht?
Actually a boat.
Sailing course?
Finally does something.
That's why I think this is at least an interesting possibility.
Again, I'm not saying this is some secret confirmation from Torn.
I'm just connecting some dots.
Because right now we've got:
Yacht.
Sailing.
Fishing Rod.
Net.
Trout.
Tides.
Diving gear.
Sextant.
Private Islands.
That's a LOT of sea-related stuff for a game where we can't actually go sailing.
Maybe it's all random.
Maybe it's old content that never went anywhere.
Or maybe one day Torn is going to drop a massive nautical update and we'll all look back at this stuff and go:
"Oh... THAT'S why they had all that shit."
So what do you guys think?
Would you actually want Sailing/Fishing to become a proper Torn mechanic?
Because personally...
I'd absolutely sail my ass into the ocean.