The number of AI avatars in Torn is really depressing. Like holy shit they look so awful. Like genuinely why do people prefer soulless AI slop when the internet is full of possibilities. I have honestly more respect towards buymuggers compared to those using AI pictures.
AI Avatars
Started by GayBoiSenpaiSon [1956420] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 340 / 340 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 340
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 37 / 100
- Story score
- 73 / 100
- Engagement score
- 92 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- LBKus [3844491]
· 94 likes ·
Claude, generate a comeback for this clanker hater - Omanpx [1906686]
· 90 likes ·
Soo, um. How much did you pay for this account? Whatever it is, i think you overpaid. - Pavelgia [2359428]
· 86 likes ·
I agree, before to make your cringy power fantasy profile pic at least you had to pay a dude to make it in photoshop. Now it's all AI slop :( Speaking of slop, why does the S in your faction …
Mentioned in this thread
DelicateDave [4170734] ×1 Nachos [4444453] ×1
Soo, um. How much did you pay for this account? Whatever it is, i think you overpaid.
And yet look at your gallery choices
heck even look at your name
People pay for accounts? :DD
And of course some AI slop avatars get baited instantly.
Like dudes get a grip.
I agree, before to make your cringy power fantasy profile pic at least you had to pay a dude to make it in photoshop. Now it's all AI slop :(
Speaking of slop, why does the S in your faction icon look like a turd... is it just me?
agree, Gay Boi
Sometimes we see what our heart truly desires.
Probably AI generated as well. They tend to look like turds most of the time.
Claude, generate a comeback for this clanker hater
So are you going to pay for image design, or give us the time back to make images?
What about people who aren’t image design savvy?
It’s oversaturated and annoying, but you can’t do shit about it; nobody can when there are faction leaders telling members to use it and “get some flair”.
Why is it necessary anyway?
Hey, don't mock my profile picture!
Hoes mad fr. Want us to copy some random image on google instead?
This is what will make everyone change their mind.
Internet was a way better place when people actually spent some time contributing something meaningful to it. But you're right, everyone is not image savvy or have the time or money to get something made for them. That's okay, I mean I'm not that creative neither (hence my name).
But those are quite lazy excuses. I use AI because I can't make anything of my own. People managed couple decades without AI making avatars for them. Internet is full of images to use, and photoshop alternatives are free. There's way more personality in clamping some shit together in Gimp and using that than to use some AI generated stuff. "But people want some personal flair". Sure, I get it. Some random images might not excatly represent the image you want your profile to be, but hey spend some time and you'll eventually find something that suits you.
If we are aiming for personalization with the usage of AI avatars, then O'boy are we going into wrong direction. AI avatars have nothing personal, and they blend together. They got quite no unique style to them. I mean, AI generated images are generally referred as "slop", which is quite well defined as tasteless.
No one's going to pay for the effort you have to make in order to make your profile unique. That's on you. But if you going to use AI in achieving this, then I would say you have failed in being at least a little bit unique.
Better yet, make some yourself.
But I wont play a saint in that manner. I'm not creative enough for creating my own stuff. But yeah, take something from the internet. It takes more effort to find something you enjoy, but at least they are much more unique and don't blend with other profile pictures.
What's up with the profile pics like this dude ->
https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=4170734
Edit - Got fedded, ohwell
Mentions: DelicateDave [4170734]
Probably not. I mean you see it in their reaction that they are not even willing to consider the fact that maybe their AI "creations" look like shit. And they don't see no problem in using AI pics as their avatars. I mean personal preference, I guess. But for many it's soulless and bland.
I guess I just wanted to point out and at the same time vent a bit about the huge amount of AI slop I have witnessed lately after returning to Torn.
Who gives a shit, go outside
The AI profile pics have been rather prevalent, unfortunately, here and everywhere else on the internet.
I'm still waiting for the AI bubble to burst (any day now, pleasepleaseplease) ,but I do wish everyone had a little bit more creativity and thought to actually use the internet to look for an actual picture to use, rather than waste water just to generate some general bullshit that you could've googled for only 5 seconds more.