Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Correction

Started by S0RV1V0R_2K6 [2314765] on in Graveyard.

39 replies · 458 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
62 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Butterfly [866722] ×4 Butterfl [3043738] ×1

S0RV1V0R_2K6 [2314765]

Update / Correction

 

I want to provide an important update regarding my previous post involving Butterfly [866722].

 

After further discussion and reviewing the situation, Butterfly has cleared his name regarding my concerns. He was aware of the individual involved, but he was not aware that this person was using his name/identity when communicating with me.

 

Based on the information now available to me, I no longer have reason to believe Butterfly [866722] was involved in the conduct I raised concerns about.

 

I believe it is just as important to publicly correct the record when new information comes to light as it is to raise concerns in the first place.

 

I apologize to Butterfly [866722] for including him in my original concerns, and I also apologize to anyone who took offense to the original post.

 

My intention was to make faction leaders aware of information I believed was relevant at the time, not to falsely accuse or damage the reputation of an innocent player.

 

As far as Butterfly [866722] is concerned, I consider the matter resolved and his name cleared.

Mentions: Butterfly [866722]

Shooby [2510470]

You should run a Torn LLC funded program inwhich you teach people proper formatting, structure and content. Players graduated, provided they use the information taught at the academy will be awarded double the karma. *license can be revoked at instructors discretion*

Titus [2198442]

I asked chatgpt to make a tldr in case anyone wants to know what he’s rambling about:

 

TL;DR: Butterfl [3043738] has joined about 96 factions in less than a year. They also seem connected to Butterfly [866722], and someone using the Butterfly name told me, “I am the same person.”

I’m not saying they are definitely multis, and Torn staff said they are not.

I’m just warning faction leaders to be careful before giving either account access to private faction stuff. I have screenshots if any faction leader wants to see them.

Mentions: Butterfl [3043738] · Butterfly [866722]

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Besides the faction chat spamming there was this gem that will never die

 

 

What is the "b word" you ask?

 

Well we had the "f word" so it wasn't that

 

No, I had to scroll up even further to figure out what the fuck the b word was

 

 

Bored. The b word is bored.

 

Lukey goin to hell now, sorry bud.

Butterfly [866722]

This thread was brought to my attention from an actual friend of mine. 

I have never had any contact with Butterfl. We have never talked and I dont know who they are. I have been with Destination Unknown for over 2 years and before that I was with the Bakery of Debauchery for even longer. I only know of Butterfl because one of our counsel was looking to recruit them but thought it would be too confusing. I did not contact you on Discord. My discord is currently BizarreButterfly. I didnt know I was popular enough to get impersonated. 

Landgull [3703758]

Butterfly [866722] was my faction leader for a while and I still consider her a good friend. She is one of the few people in this game who I would genuinely put my reputation on the line to say I am very confident she is not a cheater. I would be genuinely shocked to find out she had any involvement in multis or in inter-faction spying. Also if for some reason she was using multis, she's not an idiot and isn't going to name her multi "butterfl" and put a tagline affiliating the multi account with her main.

Also, her discord name is a two word combination of Butterfly and a second word (that I'm not going to comment because I don't want to blast her private info to the forums. The screenshot Grim posted of a discord account is not Butterfly [866722]'s account. Not surprising, given that a butterfly is a very common and well liked animal, that many many people use as an avatar (including the largest faction family in the game.)

Putting someone on blast and claiming they are multis because they both use a similar common animal as a name is absurd. Staff have already told you that they aren't multis, and now you are carrying out a forum harassment campaign against someone who it appears you have never even spoken to. 

ETA: Glad to see you retracted but it's still crazy work to be slinging accusations around without even trying to talk to the person in question.

Mentions: Butterfly [866722]

MacCheddar [2931034]

I am 100% sure that "jesus fuck ass tits" will make me a better person and critically enhance my overall life quality.

Praise Cheesus.