Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Windows V Linux gaming

Started by ElHeffe [2564022] on in Technology.

26 replies · 88 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Babcia_Jaga [3393117]

Imo Windows is till unbeaten in terms of compatibility and ease of use. If you have all your games on Steam then great. Linux should work good but still not on Windows level. Still games that rubs anticheat with Linux black listed. 

 

There are easier and harder distros but they wont "just work". 

ElHeffe [2564022]

Oh, I totally understand.

 

But I'm sick of Microsoft. Every week it seems there's some new leak about how they're trying to exploit everything I do for profit.

 

I have zero faith their Recall screengrabbing bullshit won't find a new way to enable itself.

 

I'm sick of it trying to sell CoPilot to me.

 

I don't want Office 365. Stop trying to sell it to me.

 

I've had enough.

 

 

Babcia_Jaga [3393117]

I feel you. I will not "upgrade" to win11. Will stay on win10 untill it brakes. Then I will have to switch to linux and just game less XD

Neopolitan [276835]

Linux Mint also "just works". They aren't doing anything exciting, and that is the point.  They're all about providing a stable experience.

If you have recent equipment in your computer (3 years old or less) then you may run into some issues here or there with the new stuff not being stable yet. 

That distro has always Just Worked for me when I needed something that would boot up every time, and it only broke when I broke it doing stupid shit.

pony [3176376]

Made the switch maybe 6 months ago and been loving popOS. I dual boot windows but I can probably count the number of times I've used it since on one hand. I rarely run into an app or game that I want to use/play more than reboot lol. 

 

I do however find myself crawling back to MS on the business side of things, as I maintain a developer 365 tenant