Seems like a bad bonus. Is it better than I think it is?
I was wondering if anyone can post some attack logs showing the double-edge bonus procuring.
Thanks!
Started by MarkStark [3282883] on in Questions & Answers.
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Seems like a bad bonus. Is it better than I think it is?
I was wondering if anyone can post some attack logs showing the double-edge bonus procuring.
Thanks!
It can be okay in some very specific scenarios. Red, double bonus or really high stats, and if you have a build/stats level where you mostly aren't getting hurt in fights otherwise so that if you have to med up from your own stupid smacking yourself in the face it won't wreck your med cooldowns. Especially worth it if you really need to kill someone fast af and don't care too much what state that leaves you in.
Some fun logs
Rage double edge pretty funny
Thanks bud! Exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate that info
I also feel like if my strength is less than 14 times my own defense I shouldn't be doing myself damage but apparently the devs disagree :P
It's a pretty awful bonus. You don't want to use it on weaker enemies. This makes it horrible for defense and team attacks because you might accidentally do crazy damage against a weak opponent, half-killing yourself in the process. And the self-damage does not stop at overkill. so if your opponent has 100 life, and you proc the bonus and do a 4000 damage hit, you will be self-damaged for the full 1000 life.
It basically has the same proc rate as Fury, which gives you X% chance at doing two attacks. There are advantages and disadvantages of fury, such as that the second attack might miss, or it might be a foot hit or whatever. But on the flip side, it has a chance on proc'ing on misses, and of course you aren't doing self-damage as well.
Doouble-edged is only useful in very rare cases. Such as when you have far superior defense/dexterity and are not worried about getting hit by the opponent, while simultaneously wanting to increase your damage. Or maybe when your opponent is a glass cannon and they will do crazy damage to you, so you want to put in as much damage as possible before they get off a lucky shot.