Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Beginner

Started by Rufka [4469059] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 187 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
34
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

Rufka [4469059]

Hey everyone, I'm new to this game. have been enjoying it so far. Thought I'd try starting to make some friends on here by posting in this forum. 

Any other new players learning their way around? Any experienced players looking to show the ropes?

p.s. if anyone has an old printer they're trying to get rid of, I want it haha. they are expensive on here. 

Apate [2348539]

Here's some useful guides & resources, covering various aspects of Torn. :)

 

New Player / Beginner Stuff

 

Other Guides / Useful Links

 

Also of note: Factions and You (how to pick a faction) and Why You Should Not Run A Company (specific section of Baldr's Basic Advice).

 

For future reference, you should use the "Questions & Answers" forum for this kind of stuff - people tend to respond poorly to new players posting in GD ("General Discussion"), since it usually belongs in another forum or the player doesn't understand the community well yet.

Mentions: [Crimes 2.0] A Criminal Primer · Adobi's guide to 200 merits in 200 days · Baldr's Basic Advice · Choco Jump (Happy Jump Alt) · Cola's Stocks 3.0 Spreadsheet · Factions and You · GAT HAPPY JUMP INSURANCE · Guide list · Halloween Trick or Treat Guide · Hank's Ratio / Baldr's Ratio · iribuya's Happy Jump Visual guide · Job Interviews - Answers & Affronted · Kayla's New Player Starter Guide/FAQ · Keeping Your $$$ Safe! · RD_'s Racing Guide "2.0" · Tesla's City Career Fast-Tracking Guide

Knirt [3033570]

The game is 20 years old.  Most of the people who could give have been asked and over it years ago.  Don't take anything personally. 

 

If you want friends join a good active faction and use their discord.   They will also be more positive to answering basic questions and guidance.   If their not try another faction.   Lots of good ones and good people but not to random people in gd or global chat.

Rufka [4469059]

Wow, I love the warming welcome!! 

And shoutout to the guy who put out at $250,000 bounty for my post, I truly am honored. When I grow up, I want to be like you. 

Rufka [4469059]


Thanks for the advice.

And no, not taking it personally. Why would I get offended when someone get salty about a beginner asking for a printer in a 20 year old game lmao

#TornGatekeepers

Darkstar12 [3380499]

Honestly I'm to tired to hate on a thread today, I'll send a tampon instead 

 

01:20:39 - 31/08/26 You sent a Tampon to Rufka

 

Sell it for money or keep it for a collection

Rufka [4469059]

very questionable why you, as a guy, have a tampon... but ok.  Should've placed another bounty on me instead imo.