Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Point taken.

Started by Wenders [4135414] on in Graveyard.

20 replies · 207 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
41 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Apate [2348539]

Caches/money. Most people don't enlist to fight, they enlist to term and "farm" caches.

 

Regardless, mercs (including bounties) and flying are both tactics ("turtling") to win a war as well.

SkarabRevenge [3472610]

Is called strategy. You wish to bleed for your faction? You wish to be the reason they lose? Turtle is not an easy tactic. Bounties do not always work. And you are very tiny. Less than year in Torn. Do not post your noob drivel in GD. Learn strategies. And. Tactics. The first one you should learn. Is when to keep your mouth shut. Until you know the game. 

Landgull [3703758]

You really don't want to be throwing shade at people on a crappy GD thread this close to Halloween. 

If nothing else (and there's a lot else), their tactic must be working since it got their opponent to make a crappy GD thread this close to Halloween.

Knirt [3033570]

If I can't hit in a war because of sleep or life....  it's my responsibility to try to not sit there as a target and bleed for hours on end.

 

What do you want them to do, just sit there and let you hit them?  That's not a real war that's just being inactive.  A real war is as much about not losing points as it is getting them.  Sure a faction that has a solid turtle can be frustratingly s.ow to beat but that's the nature of it.  It would be a bit more exciting if each side had more than 12 people.    

Wenders [4135414]

I understand the tactics. And know the strategy. Apparently I just don’t get the point, it’s not enjoyable. But i will just keep my mouth shut. Wouldn’t want to bother that other dude more with my drivel. 

Wenders [4135414]

I mean I was asking what the point was. A couple people actually answered. Without coming at me like I was insulting something. Apparently that’s not allowed though.  Noted. 

Wenders [4135414]

Sass? I was asking the point. It’s boring. Strategy aside. Im super shocked..that’s what I am...  Didn’t realize it was such a touchy subject. This is like next level “throw the controller at your tv because your online game is lagging” next level. 

Landgull [3703758]

No this is a bunch of bored people who found someone being silly and piled on to clown on them.

If this wasn't the reaction to noob threads that belong in Q&A or faction discussion, GD would be full of nothing but "He mugged me!" "Why is my opponent using the meta tactic!" and "Dear diary, today I gambled and lost please send me money."