Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Restarting

Started by shaine [2854121] on in Questions & Answers.

23 replies · 267 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Control [3797240]

Not worth restarting (for reference: 20 years in game, 12+ restarts). I would be setting on $100b in stocks and 20b+ battle stats had I kept my first account. And that's assuming I still made all the other stupid mistakes.

 

Don't do it, unless you like a challenge to torture yourself. 

The_Virginian [2799939]

That's 1 day of flying. And like others have said, anything you have now is more than you'd have if you restarted. Also, join a nice faction. Help them and they'll help you. 

Chris5295 [974757]

Buy a xanax for 850k.

 

Sell 10 losses for 300k per.

 

You just made 3 million dollars, pay off your debt, and you've also paid off the xanax you just bought.

gg, you can make money now without needing to restart.

shaine [2854121]

Its ambiguous really, I don't remember much about this account, I just remember not really liking it and it was my first time trying to play torn. This game is really frustrating and it can be hard trying to find people to connect with for me personally. So, to get to the point,  i think i wanted to restart because i wanted a new start and forget about the history of this account.

 

 

TwentyFour [2234860]

Remember that restarting will lose battlestats, workstats, time in torn merits, marriage merits, theres a ton of time locked stuff that even with a fresh start your just losing time by restarting. It's never too late to turn around your account and 1.6m debt is pennies you'll see that when you start flying regularly or doing any form of ranked warring.

 

There loads of options to make money and restarting won't make your time learning the game any easier either. You'll just be getting set back

Shooby [2510470]

Literally everything your saying makes restarting an even worse choice lol. Totally counterproductive to what you're claiming is frustrating and why you don't want this account.

 

Do what you want, it just really doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Unless you have some history of being a horrible person like a bigot or something you don't want resurfacing.

shaine [2854121]

yeah what everyone is saying is right, it doesn't really make sense to restart my account so ill probably just not play the game honestly, i think im just trying to find another reason to play it again; i find it really addictive honestly is one of the reasons.

 

Control [3797240]

There are a few valid reasons to restart. But they are edge cases.

 

1.) A play style that requires you to not do something you've already done. Think about SSL, law-abiding citizen, keeping your stats super low to abuse the FF mechanic etc. But it's more a gimmick than anything else. (I did enjoy all of the above though)

 

2.) You stole a significant amount of money from your faction and are afraid that if you stay you'll get doxed and your ass kicked irl. (You're an idiot, don't rob your friends - just quit instead)

 

3.) You like playing Torn in hard mode. Having no stats and joining a real war as a kamikaze pilot is what you love to do more than life. (Then by all means, do it!)

Control [3797240]

The hard part of restarting is what no one tells you about:

 

  1. No referrals;
  2. You cannot take gifts from people you gave cash when you quit as that would just be funneling money.
  3. People will be suspicious of you if you refuse to share your old account(s).
  4. It really does feel easier than it actually is to get from 40 total battle stats to 4b. You're in for a grind.
  5. You will have to grind your Halloween basket up again, forget about time traveler, spaced out and let's not mention winning elimination again.

 

If I had not restarted the first time, I would never have tried. And while I had a ton of fun, the amount of time and money invested to make up for some of the last time is anything but insignificant. That said, I do love that I'm fairly well-off for my account age. 

 

TL;DR: if you restart you'll be feeling like this guy:

 

YouTube video RBumgq5yVrA

Control [3797240]

I'm exaggerating, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to crash on a friends couch after robbing them ;-)

 

That said, it has happened before. 

Alt_F4Life [3302208]

Depends on what you feed the fire or what they can steal from your account ties like Gmail and other shit, I find the second much more terrifying than the first.