Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

WILL & INHERITANCE FEATURE!!

Started by DiscipleI [3811687] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 47 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
DiscipleI [3811687]

Feature Suggestion: Player Wills and Asset Inheritance

 

Dear Torn City Development Team,

I would like to suggest the introduction of a “Will” or “Inheritance” feature in Torn City.

The proposed feature would allow players to officially designate another player as the beneficiary of their in-game assets in the event of their character’s permanent departure from the game due to death.

A player could create a will through their account, appointing one specific player to inherit some or all of their assets. These assets could potentially include cash, items, properties, stocks, vehicles, weapons, and other transferable possessions, subject to whatever restrictions the development team considers appropriate.

To prevent abuse, the system could include safeguards such as a mandatory waiting period before a will becomes effective, restrictions on changing beneficiaries too frequently, and a requirement for the player to confirm their decision through an additional security step.

I believe this feature would add an interesting layer of realism and long-term strategy to Torn City. Players invest significant amounts of time and effort building their characters and accumulating wealth, and having a formal mechanism for deciding what happens to those assets after their character's death would give that progression additional meaning.

It could also create new opportunities for role-playing, family or faction dynamics, estate planning, and long-term player relationships, while providing a controlled and transparent alternative to simply leaving a deceased player's assets inaccessible or subject to existing game mechanics.

I understand that such a system would need careful balancing to prevent exploitation, multi-account abuse, or unintended economic consequences. However, with appropriate limitations and safeguards, I believe a Will and Inheritance system could be a valuable and engaging addition to Torn City.

Thank you for considering this suggestion and for your continued work on improving the game.

Suggested Feature Name: Will / Last Will & Testament
Core Function: Allow players to nominate another player as the beneficiary of their transferable assets upon character death.

Shooby [2510470]

Pretty morbid to expect staff to go through a dead players account and piece things out to other players. I personally disagree with the sentiment behind it, even if it's something a player wants. To even get a resting in peace title, they need provided either a death certificate or an obituary or something of the sorts. 

 

I think that's more than enough. Let the account rest and the person behind it rest. The last thing anyone should be expecting is the transfer of goods from an account who's owner has passed.

 

I'm not gonna rate +/-, I just disagree overall that this should be a thing.