Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn City time owes me a DP

Started by Chucky247 [2138676] on in General Discussion.

311 replies · 2.49k views · thread synced · yesterday · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 312 / 312 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Chucky247 [2138676]

Not circular — you're describing how it's being enforced, I'm quoting what it actually says: "everyone whose work has been used will receive a DP." Not "everyone who reports." That's the entire disagreement, not something I'm missing.

 

Rakharan [3203987]

Youre totally right. Watching you type has changed my opinion. I no longer think photographers should hold the copyright for their work. All they're really doing is clicking a button on a machine and then sending it off to get paid. Just like the person that stole your hard work and is now getting paid for it, photographers steal the hard work of their subjects and now apparently own that hard work? This is madness and needs to be stopped

 

Cross [3166348]

Are you saying if it said "everyone whose submission has been used will receive a DP." then you wouldn't have made this thread? Because it feels like you would have still complained...

Chucky247 [2138676]

The comparison falls apart at the obvious point: a camera button produces something that didn't exist a second earlier — a new image, framed and timed by a person. A screenshot button duplicates a file that already existed, pixel for pixel, with nothing added.

By your own logic though, typing is also just clicking buttons — so this comment you just wrote doesn't count as an argument either, just data entry. Same flaw, applied consistently.

Chucky247 [2138676]

If it said "submission," I'd have no wording complaint. It says "work" — I made the work, they used it, and paid someone else. 

ShirukoNaga [3910003]

I dislike the slimy guy. All of his articles are heavily scripted and he ignores the actually interesting bits. Most of the peeps I've been talking to about him say the same. Here's to next elims having someone competent as a writer for the event.

Beerstein [1322136]

A minority of people participate, SV has done a lot of us dirty but it caters to the masses, the rest of us got forums for drama. It's fine.

Cross [3166348]

The full paragraph is:

 

"Thank you to everyone who submitted gossip over the past 24 hours. Everyone whose work has been used will receive a DP shortly."

 

The work that earns you a DP is submitting gossip

 

I'm not surprised you have comprehension issues though when you're getting the chat bot to do all your thinking for you. "That's the actual gap." 🤮 Do you hear yourself? I have so much second hand cringe for you reading this thread.

 

EDIT: apparently you do have a tiny bit of self-awareness left, because you went back and edited the earlier post to remove "That's the actual gap." lmfao

Klashnekoff [498900]

The fact you’re bragging over such vile commentary doesn’t really paint you in a good light.

 

Quite frankly, on a game that has minors playing, for that to even come out of your mouth is shameful. 

Chucky247 [2138676]

I don't have comprehension issues; I just can't be bothered to hand-craft a witty reply to every average Joe on this forum. I use a tool to keep the logic focused so I don't have to waste time matching your emotional energy.


​Let's look at the exact quote you just provided: 'Everyone whose work has been used.'
​My work was used. The TCT published the asset that I generated, and that my name was attached to. If you are arguing that the submitter's 'work' consisted entirely of screenshotting my actual work, then you are just confirming that the paper pays for delivery rather than creation.
​The mechanical flaw is obvious, and based on the vote ratios in this thread, the community clearly understands it. You can cringe and stay mad about how I format my replies, but it doesn't fix the issue