Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Craft soda

Started by StickyBandit [3189500] on in Food & Cooking.

1 replies · 16 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
11 / 100
Story score
19 / 100
Engagement score
33 / 100
StickyBandit [3189500]

This is a place where ideas for craft soda to be shared. 

I am currently making a craft soda from scratch in 5 gallon kegs to be poured on draft. 

This is NOT dirty soda.  I use real cane sugar, water and extracts/oils.

By myself, this feels impossible. 

Currently working on cream soda to be perfect before moving to the next flavor.

cree88 [3547893]

Cream soda is probably a really good one to start with honestly. If you get that base dialed in, I’d imagine it makes moving into other flavors a lot easier.

I’d probably do small test batches and keep notes on each one so you can tweak one thing at a time without burning through a whole keg. Vanilla, sweetness, acidity and carbonation can all change how the final flavor comes across quite a bit.

The oils/extracts staying mixed evenly would be something I’d keep an eye on too, especially once it’s sitting in the keg for a while.

Sounds like a fun project though. Once you get the cream soda where you want it, you’ll probably have a pretty solid process built for everything after that.