Wanna change my identity
Do name changes really help?
Started by BerserkerGuts [3798599] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 17
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 21
- Authority score
- 46 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 39 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
Most-liked replies
- IndyCision [2597200]
· 11 likes ·
No, what would help is changing the behaviour which makes you a target...
No
Your game ID stays the same even if you do change your name. You'll still stay on someone's "list" if they have you on one.
That's a shame. Thanks
Alright. Thanks for the help
No, what would help is changing the behaviour which makes you a target...
Made a couple enemies, so I wanna run away
That's just part of the game, no matter how strong you get, unless you're top 1, you'll be mugged by someone stronger, especially when carrying money, like when flying or selling items etc. Inside Torn you can prevent most of this, but when flying it's always a gamble. You get 15 seconds of immunity, choosing to stay at a destination longer than that is your own fault and own risk you take willingly. If something is out of stock, buy the next best and fly back.
Protect your money better, then they will stop
No unless you become inactive for weeks
Then stop trying to buy items which cost so much money, people will still try their luck if you are going to "expensive item hotspots"
If you're in a faction, then put most to all your money into your faction account. You may have to ask your faction leader(s) or money management (if your faction has that) for it back when you need it, but this is the only way to keep your money safe without buying receipts or something else and then reselling them later on, both from the player market. After awhile, the mug attempts may stop, though they could always start up again.
I don't know if I'm on a mug list or have been once or more, but I have experienced getting mugged constantly several times once I reached certain levels or shortly before and for sometime after a faction war begins and ends. Therefore, I know how it's like, but players don't do this for the fun of it, just the money, and if they keep failing to get money from you, they'll see you as a waste of their energy. Changing your name won't help if they're just picking random players to mug on a list of similar skilled players or if your ID is on a list of some sort that they use.
If anything, changing your name is considered pretty much useless since the developers set up this game in a way so that it's impossible for low level victims to hide from high level bullies (something currently happening regarding one of our faction members, but nothing you need to worry about, even if you're in it). I wish there was a way to completely block them on something to prevent them from seeing their account anymore, but anyway, your case is just about being mugged. Therefore, you don't need to think about any of that. Just do what I mentioned, and you shall be fine.
And if you need money to pay your bills, do the following:
- Take out a loan from Duke.
- Use the loan money to pay your bill(s).
- Ask your faction leader or whoever to transfer money from your faction account to you and immediately use it to pay back the loan.
And do indeed put all money your earn from doing anything into your faction balance or use it to help pay back a loan immediately upon getting it, or immediately start a travel if you're going to use that money to buy something overseas.
Even if you're entire networth was on hand, it would still only be barely worth mugging. People are just burning E abroad. You're likely not a target of anyone worth their salt.
I was on mug lists for a while.
Stop being a profitable mug and you'll eventually roll off the lists.
When you start being unprofitable join the #coinpursemafia 👛
Some people are just dumb or do it for salt. If they've made an enemy, it probably won't matter. Often times I'll mug knowing I won't get anything just because hosp'd often get freevived. No one freevives for mugs unless they're doing it to mug them their selves or it's a friend. Mugging either forces them to waste med CD, wait the 40 minutes or waste revive % usually at the cost of paying for a revive.
I've also seen people brag over 100K mugs when they'd make x3 expending the same energy selling losses or 5x+ doing war hits.
This thread is likely going to be counter productive regardless of what the reality is. If I were op, I'd edit the thread, title and comments blank and have it graved. Context clues from other players will still remain but making a thread about being mugged is never the solution; even if it is a genuine question or concern.
Real shit
- Not exactly getting bullied, just made a couple of dumb decisions. I'm outta all the trouble I was in btw.
- I am taking loans from Duke, not because I need them, but for the loan shark merit.
- Faction vault shouldn't be used as an ATM. Problem's been solved, thanks for commenting tho.