I have played for most of my 8 years with the exception of a few month where work decided otherwise. Torn has change a lot over the years, people come and go, passion ebbs and flows. Im not as committed to the game as i once was but i still do my routine as best as rl allows
Time Out/Time In
Started by FadedOne [4386668] on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Elimination leading as an example negatively impacting my work. Also putting money into a game at a time in my life when I was in a tax/debt problem. Happy to report all of that is resolved and I've never been more financially secure.
I found this game 4 1/2 years ago, wish I found it sooner. Even now I still find it engaging and realised early on that it's not the type of game to get good quickly, time is something I have plenty of and seeing numbers go up appeals to me.
I wanted to be present with my family. Torn was one of the things I set aside. I returned 18 years later.
Too real.
For me, I quit twice in the past 7 years, once for a year (deleted that account) and then again for about 3 years.
I'm locked in now.
Was busy. Took 6 months off, my activity average has been like 4h daily since then
Well, I stopped because smart phones were not a thing and I wasn't in front of my computer everytime and seem pointless as you need to put in the hours.
Then smart phones came. One day I remembered it and tried to log in. Needed to learn everything again and got fond of the game.
I wouldn't be here without smart phones.
Yeah. Sad and uninteresting story. BTW, it was a ~10 years hiatus and now I'm older than 99% of you. Check mate!
I "quit" for a few years, ie logged in like once or twice a week.
Had 24m total stats when I came back.
That was still longer ago than most people have played though...
Hey now don’t feel bad for not paying tax. We support tax fraud over here
I took about 4 years off cos I reinstalled windows and forgot to save my bookmarks. Remembered it in 2015 and have been here casually but daily since
It isn't ignoring important life events...it is playing Torn at those important life events.
My active streak is higher than my age.
That’s real hardcore dedication right there my friend! Wow! Amazing! I bet all that time active paid off tremendously!!!!
Great stuff man. 8 years is still an achievement. I’m glad u stick around and become a legend that u already are!
Driver’s License u say? Ok I’ll keep that in mind!! I got u!
Numbers go brrr xD
I quit because I was tired of how stupid some parts of this game were, I then realized a couple months later that I'm lonely and this is my biggest source of interaction 😂
Plays torn everyday, what a loser!!
Quit last year for about 8 months last year because I was bored with the game and then lost a whole lot of money. Came back after and shortly joined ODB for real wars. Realised that I will never be one of those big giants but thats okay as long as Im having fun