Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Company for Swinging Up Perks

Started by Shooby [2510470] on in Questions & Answers.

41 replies · 333 views · thread synced · 2 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Shooby [2510470]

Yeah I would say that's a little bit of an outlier since you're over x4 my stats and also have EOD. Generally it goes more in my favor fighting people 4x+ when they don't have EOD (obviously) and since there's only 309 possible complete sets in the game, I'm gonna go on a limb and say most of the people I'll encounter also probably don't have it.

 

I hear yah though. Yeah I primarily run needle, so I'll not really benefit from other temp bonuses, unless of course I'm rolling, which I prefer not to do because it's cheap. 

 

The only time I'll roll is if I'm testing on someone very very strong or if I'm getting merc'd or heavy bounties and someone sets off one of my needles and gives me a defend. I'll swap out to the next one if that's the case just so I'm not wasting the same needle over and over when it's still active.

Shooby [2510470]

Yeah what I'm leaning towards. I won't benefit from the flashes because I'm usually always equipped with a needle. The people attacking me are generally much higher stats, so I kinda require it. The people around my stats usually don't hold up too well, depends really. 

 

But when looking into psf I already knew that. My main consideration was the armor mitigation and mission credits since I primarily get my special ammo from the shop.

postie [2837388]

True and PSF has the added bonus of mission credits, which I probably way overvalue but is one of the most timegated resources in the game

Knirt [3033570]

Your fights are fast I assume most of the time.  Considering your primary mitigation is armor clothing or psf makes sense.

 

But a furniture store gives 25% to strength.  With that rifle it would be considerable I would think, 25% to base and then those modifiers.   Also it gives 3 E for jp.  The other perks are less cool but when you need to kill fast like in a mug, hard to say no to more damage.    

Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee

Your EOD already makes you pretty defensive, so a company that gives you some kind of offensive boost is likely to do more for you than something that adds to your dex, defense, or armor boost. Given how great your primary is, gun shop would be pretty nice. Hair salon and leaning into your rage melee could also be cool, but realistically idk how often you even use melee. You don't war so it's not like you have the problem some of us do of constant linked fights meaning a primary on defense is unreloadable after the first few fights of a push.

 

I wish the furniture store and amusement park buffs to strength were combined in a single company so there was the offensive version of a strip club, basically, but sadly neither of them alone is very strong.

 

Personally in your position I'd go through my tough fight logs - where I lost but it doesn't look impossible that I might win it under slightly different conditions - and try to work out what boosts would have let me win those. Maybe the armor buffs from PSF or clothing would do it, or if you use needles a lot, the strip club boosts are exceptional. But killing the target faster is usually a pretty good solution too.

 

If you're weighing up PSF/Clothing btw pretty sure PSF massively beats clothing unless maybe you're a dex whore who doesn't care about money, since clothing does have the dex passive as well, and PSF has decent salaries on top of the perks.

 

Edited to add: if being annoying is the goal, gas station is also worth considering. The random HP procs together with your EOD would piss me off so much if I was fighting you. And the speed boost is a nice extra.

Triarius22 [2763264]

A month ago you were pretty harsh on my choice to run Secret Pockets as a 10-star clothing store, so it is definitely amusing to see you considering one now. EOD is top tier, and stacking an extra 20% armor bonus on top of all that base mitigation is incredibly strong. I do not have your budget, so I am working on a Vanguard set instead, but even with that, I am generating stalemates against people with twice my battle stats. Dexterity temps dont touch me, so my main stat is protected and my melee, only used for defence, is just a nice cattle prod which is annoying as #$%^@%^@^$. Clothing stores offer good combat utility, even if their true potential shines for traders. I know you prefer different methods for making and stashing your cash, and I am just a "noob", but the synergy between heavy armor and the CS perks is damn good.  Maybe not great, but damn good.   Great if you are a 24/7 trader.  

Shooby [2510470]

Some pretty great information, I appreciate it. I think the best thing I can do is just mess around and see how things work out. I'm gonna pop into a psf and then run though some of my logs and do some real time testing with some friends and acquaintances. 

 

If it feels a bit insubstantial, I'll probably give gun shop a shot. Gas station definitely sounds fun, maybe a consideration for when I get my dex up to SE range. I've still got a ways to go but was planning on starting early. 1.5 ish just to get a head start, though not being a financially optimal decision; I'm already incredibly behind from like 5 years of not training at all lol.

Lazon [3116319]

Might be worth looking at a furniture store as a str main. I can't say I'd recommend it in general as a fighting company, more of a general use company with a +25% strength buff. E for jp is pretty nice to push you that much further when fighting tho. 

 

That being said I'll be leaving furniture to join a gas station myself, but I'm also a def main in marauder with a decent bloodlust (13% kodachi) so it fits perfectly with my build. But possibly a consideration for you.

Shooby [2510470]

My intention isn't a strength main, it's gonna be dex heavy I just haven't gotten there yet. I boosted strength up just so I can at least deal some damage since my rifle is pretty OP.  But the end result will be heavy dex. I have a set amount aside for SEing dex and a set amount aside to split between strength and speed just so I can break through once I hit that range.

 

I still have dog shit stats, I burnt out after a year of grinding trains because it's just so boring so the 25% I think would be mostly negligible. Something to keep in mind for the future.

 

 I still have a ways to go until I can SE so that's what I'm figuring out now. I'll most likely go back into a restaurant when I start training again for the booster special since I train with my voracity and cans. But I wanna boost my abilities to take on stronger people in the mean time 

Beerstein [1322136]

You need to really overpower on the dex end. I'd recommend the def company and just rely on armor for now to increase dodge rate. Plus the heals from def booster on top will be lovely.

 

On the other hand if you're focusing training dex to get to dex boosters, then just get the gym gains there TBH, helps short term combat long term gym gains. Once you get enough to SE and lose the benefit of gym gains, switch to def company to add a little defense multiplier.

Lazon [3116319]

Ah gotcha. In that case it's really hard to make a case for any company other than a strip club. You get it all - better gains, more effective stats and quicker gains in that single stat. Boost into that 2b+ dex and slam se's with all that rr mug money xD

 

I think Beerstein mixed up his def dex in the post above but I think I agree with him, gsc until you have dex where you consider SE worth it, then join a lsc to train your def with e while you se your dex - in my opinion

yak [3301882]

My admittedly biased two cents:

- PSF would be my main recommendation for the 25% armor set bonus for your EOD. Think it'll add to your survivability for your primary to crit, or for a rage proc if you get disarmed. Really don't think +10% primary damage will help you much when your DE will let you win many fights when it procs.


- Clothing store if you want the mug protection (and take 20% armor bonus instead of 25% from PSF); agree with you +25% Dex won't matter much for you as most people you'll be fighting against will have 500M to 1.5B+ Speed. +Dex would only help now if you're mainly fighting against people around / smaller than your stats which seems unlikely. Also realistically they will Mela or Tear if needed while you'd probably Mela yourself (instead of Tyro).


---

(or alternatively Gent's Strip Club if you want to start training Dex with the 10% bonus, and double needle Tyro with +50% effect + Mela).

Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee

yeah given your updated info I don't think you can really beat strip club. You get the fighting buffs but also the training buff will get you to your Dex goals so much faster and SEing a little sooner than you otherwise would will make a bigger difference to your fights than any passive perks could

Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor

PSF all the way. There's no company thats going to take your 800mil stats and turn it into 8bil stats. Your weapons and armor already do the heavy lifting. You have full EOD, a massive investment, do whatever you can to make that investment shine. I feel PSF is the answer. 

bitters [2600630]

PSF is pretty solid for the extra armour protection and swanky flash grenades but honestly I think I had the most fun punching up (I wasnt in some slick bitch gear like you tho) when I was in a gas station. The random heals during tough fights pulled me off the ropes and came in clutch more times than I can remember. Like some guy with massive str almost oneshots you, you heal up randomly, he gets another big hit you randomly heal again and end up winning. I believe its a 10% chance to heal up 20% each turn, which doesnt sound like much but is actually pretty massive. Coming out of a fight with more HP than you went into it with also never got old and my med cd would last ages

BUT and its a big ol booty, that could be more relevant if you are in a warring faction rather than just mugging folks and beating up (big) noobs so maybe its not what you are looking for..? I dunno, I think everyone should try out a gas station at some point though if not just for the lols

Shooby [2510470]

Yeah it's more for just fuckin' around for now™.

 

Eventually I want to get into warring as you can see, I've never actually been in a war, despite having a relatively decent loadout.[image: i.postimg.cc]

 

That's something I'll definitely consider at that point, however when I do start warring it's going to have to be somewhere that does real wars. If I'm taking my time and effort, I don't want wrapped up in some termed bullshit. I also have higher expectations of myself so I won't be branching out into that era until I'm worth a shit. Ideally I'd want to be close to SE range or at least 1b in two stats.

 

 I know with my loadout, faction perks and needles I could probably do very well in wars as is, but I still wanna be worth my salt, especially expecting to go into it being real wars.

 

Appreciate the insight everyone. I'm trying not to quote reply everything just because I don't want to spam QnA with my thread.

Kalends [2032147]

you could consider hiring some noobs to attack you to activate your needle, and then you swap to flash before you attack the target

Shooby [2510470]

yeah for sure, I don't really like rolling though. If I'm messing around testing things or hitting someone that will objectively win, I'll roll.

 

But when it comes to 1v1s it feels pretty cheap. Sure, "using you're resources to your advantage" is fine regardless but if I beat someone who only gets to use one temp as the defender while I'm rolling needles, it's hardly even a "win". 

 

If I were warring it would be a different story since it's an all angles assault but I don't war yet.