Karma is stupid. I don't know why you idiots care about it so much. It's literally a number on a forum. You get mad, click a button, and suddenly you feel like you accomplished something. Congrats, I guess.
I've had people downvote me because they didn't like what I said. Oh no. Anyway. I'm still here. I'm still better than you. I'm still going to say whatever I want. Your little minus button isn't going to hurt my feelings. You could give me -10,000 karma and I'd probably laugh at you for caring enough to do it.
And let's be honest, half the people farming karma on here couldn't come up with an original thought if their life depended on it. They just see someone get upvoted and go "ME TOO!!" like a bunch of trained weasels. Then they stare at their karma number like it's their fucking bank account.
Meanwhile I'm Problematic, the Lord of Torn. I don't need 4,000 karma to know I'm awesome. I already know I'm awesome. I've been awesome this whole time. The karma system isn't going to change that, and neither are a bunch of angry little Torn nerds clicking a button because their feelings got hurt.
So yeah, keep caring about karma. Keep checking your number. Keep crying when somebody gives you a downvote. I'll be over here laughing at you and being better than you, as usual.