I wanted to throw my perspective into this as someone who has been running one of these
I suspect the number of people saying the exact same thing in bogies DMs is why he came back saying "holy shit I had no idea how many of you there were"
Started by bogie [148747] Admin on in General Discussion.
Posts archived: 997 / 996 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I wanted to throw my perspective into this as someone who has been running one of these
I suspect the number of people saying the exact same thing in bogies DMs is why he came back saying "holy shit I had no idea how many of you there were"
Pleasent surprise seeing yes at an overwhelming majority! You've surprised me yet again torn community!
I'd rebut with: Torn isn't a gambling site. The casino should never be a primary focus. It exists as it is for a reason. Arguing to add more ways for people to gamble, and to add better graphics or aesthetics (which serve to draw more people in to keep playing longer) would just be predatory in my opinion, not to mention against the spirit of keeping Torn an old-school text based RPG feel. If people want to gamble because that's what they like to do, there's a whole internet out there for that - it doesn't need to be attached to Torn or riding its coattails.
They shouldn't have been permitted in the first place.
There is absolutely NO reason to allow such irrelevant third party services especially gambling ones(!), running in torn.
It's dangerous, it's unethical, it's a plague. Torn's casino is enough.
I mean youre right on a very narrow point but your conclusion is incredibly absolute.
Yes, noone can prove that the actual service payout ratio over a small number of plays will exactly equal the theoretical RTP. Random variation makes that impossible. You can, however, prove that the published odds mathematically produce the sites published RTP.
For example, you can provide verifiable evidence that individual results were generated according to a predetermined system and were not changed after purchase. Cryptographic commitment systems are already used for this purpose. The service operator commits to hidden information before a wager is made, reveals it afterward, and the player can independently reproduce and verify the result.
I understand if you would question a random third party websites published probability calculations, permanent ticket records, payout reconciliation and independent audits "evidence". None of these prove every possible claim about a service operator, but calling all verifiable evidence an “illusion of proof” is simply incorrect.
I will concede that a blanket ban is easier to police. Banning everything always requires less effort than establishing standards. But I kind of want Torn to set a standard instead of ban shit that has been a part of it, for better or worse. But my argument is that objective requirements could remove dishonest or carelessly built services without automatically banning responsibly operated ones.
I do everything casino related, including selling my casino tokens in torn to gamble in torn casino, I play the 3rd party casinos when they pop up I try all of them, some have more transparency than others, it should be user discretion, I came to torn to gamble, the casino was fun, and giveaways, and games you can participate in. all that was fun, torn is a playground and it's on users to make the fun. So I do say to keep them and allow them. It's like saying should we put a limit on how high you can price items.. if it's too high price no one will buy, let the player markets sort themselves out, let the players choose to play or not.
I mean based on the 10s of thousand roulette spins and it being obvious as shit something is screwed up bc physics clearly gets broken on it, I support it at this point. I think the casino here is absolute shit. Idk why someone creating a secondary portal bothers yall so much except that it takes money from yall.
Btw i refer to the clear bs happening in roulette specifically. A number coming up 3x in a row is 1 in 54,872. Thats a .00182% chance. Now how the fuck have i seen it happen easily 100 times. Based on my spin count. I still should never have seen it happen, let alone have my brother beside me and it come up 3x. Then the next day. But its always when I bet on something like 1st 3, 2nd 3 and then it'll come up 36 3x in a row. Sorry, but mathematically speaking its clear as fuck yall have it rigged. So unless you actually plan on making it fair, idk why outside casinos shouldn't be allowed.
Idk how it breaks the rules.l either. So I say keep management's hands to themselves in this regard. Its becoming obvious this game is becoming a money grab and thats coming from someone who has spent easily 2-3 thousand on this game over the 3 years I've played.
On that note, donating over a thousand dollars irl all we get is a diff color name? Kinda shit is that? Give us something thats actual proof yall appreciate us spending our hard earned money on the game and not just a big fuck you to us. Not even a damn merit, a blue name. Foh.
None of this is directed straight to you bog, just this game has been making more and more choices that are making vets wonder who is on what drugs making these choices.
I think a seperate takeaway from this conversation should be the market for a first-party way to do some of this stuff, specifically RW betting seems to be the primary one.
I personally would absolutely be in favour of a seperate casino section that let you post bets that others could book against you. I know a house would never work in this situation, but could very easily let players propose a bet on XYZ war, at odds they define, and float it in a "market" for other players to book.
The major hurdle would be figuring out how to handle things like "void if termed", unsure how you'd like to handle that.
Go after scripts that let people auto queue for attacks instead, you got bigger fish to fry that have already been reported.
As someone that has taken elementary school history I don't see how you are going to ban 3rd party casinos.
Yeah youre right, answered to this in another reply already.
Don't you have one too? :')
Hope this comes into fruition so that I stop getting spam messages from people about their shitty casinos, which promise me I have a gud chance of winning a gazillion Xanax.
i did enjoy your site. like you said, instead of spending real money on gambling (which i do) id rather spend my torn money with no consequences.
There are 3rd party casinos? Where? Asking for a friend hahaha
Can we have more casino games then?
Fucking this ^^^
Ban every external paid service.
I blame ched for introducing cache for cash gambling, people spending £10,000+ to get fake stuff.
"Torn isn't a gambling site" - gotta correct you there. It's got a casino, and it's got caches. Torn makes a ton of money off the gambling side that’s for sure, we have self exclude feature for a reason
Loot boxes are actually banned in some countries, but here they're allowed
People from Belgium and the Netherlands can't open cases in CS2, but those same dudes can open cases in Torn
We're literally in a casino right now