Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Banning of third party casinos

Started by bogie [148747] Admin on in General Discussion.

995 replies · 10.2k views · thread synced · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 997 / 996 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Cleansing-Flame [1636350]

He said in game raffles are fine as long as its documented in torn, and energy use is documented in war/chains. However using the term is scheme immediately makes the whole question scream shady as fuck.

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Lol I guess you know how I feel about cache opening as "investment". Caches are included in the casino self exclusion. 

 

So do pooled "investments" need to be documented in Torn? Certain people might have to show their "investor" docs publicly then lmao. 

DarthRevan [2836054] Reporter

If I turn up in person to make a £5 bet on a torn related action and if I win get £10 back, then proceed to buy DP’s with that £10 

 

is this illegal 

Stig [2648238]

🤡 🤡 🤡 

 

The rule quite clearly says ‘OFF SITE’ 

 

Last time I checked energy was a resource not ‘Torn Currency’ or an ‘asset’

Viciously_Grim [2752611]

Then you haven't seen the networth drop on someone fedded for being a multi who had attacks on their main 🤡  Energy has a monetary value assigned to it by Torn staff for punishment purposes. 

 

But yes I see your argument that the entry for the "raffle" would be on site in that particular sub-case. 

 

The main question is about pooled cache opening though. The example that pooled cache opening is an intended game mechanic was that you get caches from pooled efforts anyway. 

 

Anyway I'll leave the pooled cache openers to handle any further questions regarding this. 

Control [3797240]

The casino's were an easy trick to still be able to RMT without it being RMT in the eyes of the 'law'. Knowing what I know now, I could have totally abused it to make some real money. Then buy more DP's and repeat. 

 

Oh well, I guess the only one making a million pounds sterling plus in Torn is Ched. And that's probably a good thing. We don't want people cutting power cables just so the war they are betting on goes their way ;-)

King108 [2798364]

Why doesn't the torn casino fight back instead of just removing the issue?

 

Removing the issue doesn't solve the issue, try actually working with it. People go around to third party casinos for one of 2 reasons, either they find the torn one boring, or by going on a third party then can use the casino while flying etc.

 

I get that the second one goes against the games fundamentals, but I think we can work on the level of the tc casino

Dragoslav [3175291]

You're not wrong there. Given that the casino acts as one of the few pillars of inflation control for the economy, it could be a bit more inviting. Vegas is like a bountiful bright paradise; Torn blackjack is a cold stale concrete basement where you win and lose your NW without a morsel of recognition. 

 

Perhaps the Torn Casino could even lean into the downright satirical with ridiculously over the top graphics and what not, with Leslie mocking you beyond the wheels of fortune. 

CapturerHulkmad [1904837]

just to be clear so we can do free giveaway in forums? like just post anything and then use RNG to select a winner? no entry fees just a post in thread

 

WhackedMaki [2587660]

Las Vegas is like that because it makes it much easier for people to get addicted. How about we not look at places designed to create Gambling Addicts as sources of inspiration?

Shindig7 [3155566]

So if i host a Xanax raffle in faction where the winner gets the pot and host makes no money off it, is that still allowed?