So I decided to check out the Sweet Shop today and the shelves were bare with Sally complaining that nobody's got Candy in TC. With nothing to buy with my five finger credit, I left. I little later I was out killin time, and boom:
Started by Rigel_V [4533433] on in Achievements.
Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
So I decided to check out the Sweet Shop today and the shelves were bare with Sally complaining that nobody's got Candy in TC. With nothing to buy with my five finger credit, I left. I little later I was out killin time, and boom:
Guys this guy just got out of the birth canal, let’s support him 👼
A 4 day old player sharing a screenshot with their money on hand was certainly a choice!
Regardless of intent I take that as kindness. I'm honored by your response Marshal
congratz
gg
Hey it's creative, not AI, and not about getting mugged for $23, I'll take it. Welcome to Torn.
moved to achievements ig
Whenever I saw that I always wondered how many Americans would get the "sweetie snogs" aspect of that text :)
For my friends across the pond:
Sweeties are the tiny sweet or sour candies, either hard or soft, that you would just pop into your mouth and eat (they were originally just sweet ones because there weren't sour ones back when the phrase was coined) - Sweeties, or a bag of sweets, could be any of them, but candy specifically refers to the hard type. Chocolate would generally not be considered sweets, and a bar of chocolate would always be a chocolate bar, not a candy bar :)
Snogging is a term for kissing, generally french kissing or long drawn out ones. Short kisses or "pecks" would not be snogs.
Congratulations on the early find, hope you continue to enjoy the game, and also if you haven't, read baldrs guide to avoid some early pitfalls. Link below in the forums.
Something i found useful is a nice way to store cash and avoid being mugged for it until you have the stock market is items that can be sold to the city/npc shops.
Items can't be mugged and have a set reimbursement value, usually available on the item market for a few dollars more than the sell value to npc's. Mugging is also why people mentioned not showing your on hand cash. It's a part of the game, so I wouldn't take it personal. Honestly, any mug less than a million or couple hundred thousand at low level is a waste of energy but people can be crazy.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=61&t=16034448&b=0&a=0