Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Enable Slots Buttons Live

Started by Solaris [459981] on in Suggestions.

8 replies · 24 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
9
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Solaris [459981]

The recent patch listed an improvement for bounties to update the place button to be clickable when you have money.

 

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=16600564&b=0&a=0

 

- Fixed 'Place' button on the Bounties page to enable live when enough money enters the user's wallet 🐞

 

That is a nice update, and it made me realize that there is another place they could do it. When I am dumping my casino tokens into the slot machine and run out of tokens, I sometimes open a new tab to the point building and refill my casino tokens, but when I go back to the slot machine page I had open the buttons are still disabled from when I ran out of tokens so I have to refresh the page before I can feed the machine. Same if I run out of money, open a new page to get more money, go back to slot page, but the money buttons are still disabled. 

 

 

 

Also if I could just full send all casino tokens into the slot machine at once that would be even better. There is a userscript that speeds up the slot machine so you can do about 1 spin per second, but that is still not fast enough. I get a lot of casino tokens from my job and if I let them pile up rather than using them daily it can easily take me 30 minutes to dump all my tokens even at 1 spin per second. I actually prefer to let them pile up though so I can dump them when there is a larger jackpot, as opposed to using them daily and doing more spins on small jackpots. 

 

Right now I have 205k total spins at the slot machine. I didn't have the nice script the whole time, but assuming that I did this would be a little over 57 hours of spinning the slot machine. And I haven't even won. TLDR Slots is too time consuming, please make it faster. 

Mentions: Patch list #448 : Elimination additions and improvements · Place bounty greyed out when money has changed

Madz [2035318]

no down side, only positive quality of life - thumbs up!

 

 

 

pls dont convert spins to hours thank you :( 

Elizabeth [2339829]

I think the live updating of the spin buttons is pretty reasonable. The button to dump all your tokens at once has been suggested several times before, and I still don't think it's a good idea. You run into a problem when you have a high jackpot and everyone spinning just clicks the spin all button, how do you determine who actually wins? One person who clicked spin all 20 minutes ago and it's still spinning or the person who spun once just now? If it's the spin all person, there's gonna be a timing discrepancy between when they actually win and when the game registers the win. If it's the second person, then the player who clicked spin all and got a jackpot 10 seconds after is gonna feel really cheated. And all that's not even to mention the surge of "I accidentally clicked spin all, give me my tokens and money back" posts we'd see.

 

#chedging

Solaris [459981]

If I click "spin all" I want all spins generated immediately. Maybe it takes 10 seconds to generate 1500 spins all at once, but if its still spinning 20 minutes later that is not what I was asking for. I already have spent literal weeks, maybe even months of IRL time clicking the slot machine and I don't like just sitting there mindlessly clicking a button. If I want that I can play cookie clicker. 

 

I don't expect that they will even add a "spin all" option, but as long as I am asking for a slot improvement I might as well mention that slots is very time consuming and that to me it feels like wasted time and I hate that. Lots of video games do this though, they make boring grindy gameplay that just feels like a waste of time. And I hate all of it. For example, trading in pokemon games always has a lot of stupid animations that are maybe fun to watch the first few times, but 1000 trades later I wish I could disable the animations and just skip to the results so I can do it again quicker. 

Elizabeth [2339829]

I mean... if you feel like the amount of time it takes to play slots is time wasted... maybe don't play slots? Especially since it's a losing casino game to begin with.

 

#chedging

Solaris [459981]

I frequently dont play slots for that reason. If slots was faster I would spend all my casino tokens daily and refill every day. As it is I do that maybe 1/3 of the time. Earlier I said I have done 205k spins. I am 7000 days old, and at 150 tokens per day I could have done over a million spins by now if I didn't hate it. The amount I play slots is a balance between my dislike for the activity in general and my desire to one day get every award Torn has to offer. The jackpot is one of the more rare but I do work towards it, and I wish it was less unpleasant so I would be able to work towards it more. Realistically the userscript is the best we will ever get and I know that. 

 

And lots of awards cost money. I have detonated a dirty bomb, so I already spent 50 billion to get an award. The cost to play the slot machine isn't a concern to me. I will happily waste money on the slot machine. I begrudgingly waste my time at the slot machine. 

Solaris [459981]

bump. 

 

We had 12.5+ billion jackpot yesterday and I had 5k tokens saved up in job points and it took me literally 2 hours to spend all my tokens even with the script to allow faster spinning. Live updating buttons still would be nice to have, but the impact of allowing bulk spins would save players so much more time