Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

A year...

Started by Irix [24780] on in Graveyard.

23 replies · 335 views · thread synced · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Irix [24780]

It’s been ONE YEAR (a few minutes ago). An entire year without a single bit of information or leak about any new crimes.

 

It’s been a year since Crime 13 was released.

 

Since then, we’ve had two eliminations, two phases of Travelling 2.0, and a truly staggering amount of new scenarios in the OCs (which I’m sure everyone is absolutely thrilled about). And according to the latest patch list — the 48th one we’ve had this year — there are 10 developers who currently have Crimes 2.0 listed among their projects.

 

Crimes 2.0 was released on June 20, 2023, more than 3 years ago… 39 months for 13 crimes. In theory, that works out to one new crime every 3 months…

 

But that’s basically the same as comparing a complete newbie to me and saying that, on average, we both have $60B. He’s struggling to make ends meet while I’m crying on my yacht… Ah, statistics. Beautiful thing, aren’t they?

 

Anyway… Ched, please release a new crime soon…

irdeadtoy [3205343]

Perfect timing, I'm only 7% of the way from completing my last Crime.

You can release the new crime now lads, thanks for waiting.

NichtGersti [3380912]

From the new item releases I assume we are now a few weeks away from impersonation. Iirc that's how they did it for arson: introduce new necessary items, then wait a few weeks for the market to settle and then release the crime. (Though I honestly doubt they waited for this purpose.)

IndyCision [2597200]

Creating this the day after Andyman created his?

 

Choose your Arson complaint champion... Let the karma wars begin!

 

 

I'm just waiting for the explanation for thy the next one took so long, after the whole "Arson took this long because we had to rebuild a load of the back-end to let us add more complex crime mechanics, the next crimes will be quicker to release as a result" thing :)

 

Beerstein [1322136]

Third thread on it in the past 24 hrs.

 

The real crime though is stealing our gear abroad for a coming change that never came.

Spidernnam [3647423]

Because that person was under the same impression that there havent been any leaks (on confirmations in this case) about what the new crime is, or that a ton of items have been created recently for that crime

So I guess I was pointing out this is a duplicate thread, and their questions/complaints/observations has already been answered

IndyCision [2597200]

True, but think of the fun times when it gets added back in and all of a sudden the muggers have their gear back.

(Based on the volume of bug reports and questions about "weapons and armor not working when abroad" implying a low number of players paying any attention to announcements or newspaper articles, and the amount of complaints from players getting mugged on tourism day, I sense an upcoming influx of crying posts...)

Avery [2765920]

I think it was Hamr that suggested there's a chance they delayed Impersonation so long so they could have future crimes ready to go on a consistent timetable for a while.

 

After the "the next crime won't take as long" thing, I think there probably could/should have been some communication if this was the case, but if so personally I'm okay with it. Give me a year or two of a crime every quarter, and even though the delay still sucks, at least its to get into a consistent schedule with something to look forward to.

 

Edit- Big if tbf.

IndyCision [2597200]

Yep, so that people flying for profits can decide "do I add risk by leaving those slots empty, or do I take combat gear and make less money"

 

I'm waiting to see how close to games like Elite it becomes (where you are buying and selling at both destinations and flying between any locations of your choice rather than being forced back to Torn - again adding more risk/reward bits, the more higher profit trips you make without flying back to Torn to store your cash the more cash you have on hand if you get mugged)

Beerstein [1322136]

I suspect that's why they're phase releasing it.

 

Look we took your gear, but hey on average you have more slots yaaay. Get used to it.

 

"Look we gave your gear back yaaaay, ignore that you have less slots than ever before you got your gear back yaaaaaaaay!"

Wild-warrior [4103870]

I also think that if you are allowed to do so you also might be allowed to bring other stuff like drugs that you can sell at higher price in other country. (as selling back drugs is 100% of its price in that country) So can maybe help even more travelers.

That will create another way to make market value move.

 

Just a guess, we'll see. 

Beerstein [1322136]

Will we see? Or will this be Missions 2.0 where they release 1 NPC with more coming that never come a decade later. Or crimes 2.0 that is coming soon over a decade later?

 

There's a reason no one trusted them the second they said phased rollout and took our gear.

Irix [24780]

Yes i read before, but was BEFORE the year ;)

 

I waited until the year passed (my idea was to do at exact time, but i was busy)

Miyubo [4189816]

I honestly hope there's some sort of "Dev diaries" weekly or monthly like other games that I played, where devs opening up for communication, sharing thoughts, road-maps, talking about next potential plans and stuff, even hosting Q&A with playerbases. 

 

In the end the game is getting more popular because of that. Though, I don't know how devs communicates here. Hoping things get more transparent to player and it's not a bad thing either.