Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Possible end to scripts?

Started by Mattyb [207347] on in General Discussion.

31 replies · 937 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 32 / 32 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
32
Discussion span
→
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

IceBlueFire [776] ×5 JimmyJames [581165] ×4 RX8 [1798198] ×4 boo [1544641] ×3 PatBenatar [420347] ×2 Beerstein [1322136] ×2 Wulfric [1767972] ×2 Confusion [658870] ×1 Skeleton [1842726] ×1

Mattyb [207347]

TEMPORARY BLOCK
This error has been generated because you have made over 60 requests to the server in the last minute.
You will be able to access Torn again in 78 seconds.

Beerstein [1322136]

It's kind of a hard cap for doing too much of anything in a minute isn't it? I feel like 1 request per second is actually fairly low, this could get annoying when doing some mass activity.

Mattyb [207347]

Well this came during a jail refresh waiting for a bust. I can foresee many other situations where this block would also occur.

Skeleton [1842726]

You have to buy lotto tickets one at a time now, and that temp blocked me after 60. The blocks might be a security feature to prevent automated probes from running during the early stages of RESPO.

Wulfric [1767972]

You can easily get the same message by training a full energy bar, refill and xanax... Ched said in the beta-test that this would be looked at.

Beerstein [1322136]
ThreeDog [1842726]

You have to buy lotto tickets one at a time now, and that temp blocked me after 60. The blocks might be a security feature to prevent automated probes from running during the early stages of RESPO.

I hope it's temporary, right now there's too many legit reasons to mass refresh a page.

Mentions: Skeleton [1842726]

IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer
Wulfric [1767972]

You can easily get the same message by training a full energy bar, refill and xanax... Ched said in the beta-test that this would be looked at.

^ this. Just one of those little quirks with the new launch.

Mentions: Wulfric [1767972]

IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer
Styx [420347]

All scripts should be banned. Of course that is my opinion. Too much of a gray area what is legal and what is not.

I don't think this is the time for this argument ;) If it makes you feel any better, this update broke just about all the scripts out there.

Mentions: PatBenatar [420347]

PatBenatar [420347]
IceBlueFire [776]
Styx [420347]

All scripts should be banned. Of course that is my opinion. Too much of a gray area what is legal and what is not.

I don't think this is the time for this argument ;) If it makes you feel any better, this update broke just about all the scripts out there.

I feel bad for all the time and energy people have used making them but there is just too many people who abuse them to keep them legal.

Mentions: IceBlueFire [776] · PatBenatar [420347]

boo [1544641]
IceBlueFire [776]

I'm sure it's simple to change if (not saying there isn't) there is a legitimate reason to increase the amount.

This will affect your userscript for tornstats collecting attack logs.

Mentions: IceBlueFire [776]

IceBlueFire [776] Officer Officer
Aurum [1544641]
IceBlueFire [776]

I'm sure it's simple to change if (not saying there isn't) there is a legitimate reason to increase the amount.

This will affect your userscript for tornstats collecting attack logs.

It will indeed.

Mentions: boo [1544641] · IceBlueFire [776]

RX8 [1798198]

I bet a lot of traders will quit trading as well, it's simply to much work without a script. It was already a lot of work with the script.

JimmyJames [581165]
RX8 [1798198]

I bet a lot of traders will quit trading as well, it's simply to much work without a script. It was already a lot of work with the script.


What script is needed for trading? O.o

Mentions: RX8 [1798198]

Beerstein [1322136]
JimmyJames [581165]
RX8 [1798198]

I bet a lot of traders will quit trading as well, it's simply to much work without a script. It was already a lot of work with the script.


What script is needed for trading? O.o

Preferably the one someone will make for me to send all my worthless weapons to some poor fool. Honestly the sad part is I'll never have the patience to deal with all these weapons, so a long load time is in my future every time I click my items page.

Mentions: JimmyJames [581165] · RX8 [1798198]

JimmyJames [581165]
Beerstein [1322136]


Preferably the one someone will make for me to send all my worthless weapons to some poor fool. Honestly the sad part is I'll never have the patience to deal with all these weapons, so a long load time is in my future every time I click my items page.


Just sell a few every now and then, or trade them or something. It took me two years to finally get rid of all my trailers slowly dwindling it down like that.

Mentions: Beerstein [1322136]

Confusion [658870]
IceBlueFire [776]
Aurum [1544641]
IceBlueFire [776]

I'm sure it's simple to change if (not saying there isn't) there is a legitimate reason to increase the amount.

This will affect your userscript for tornstats collecting attack logs.
It will indeed.

Honestly I am a fan of your scripts as well as cyberdudes.Hope you work on something soon, as far as i know your scripts and cyberdudes are legal, why people be hating lol..

Mentions: boo [1544641] · IceBlueFire [776]