As alot of my friends are quitting torn because there is just to many problems on mobile and on PC
I understand that its just happened and will take time but imo all the silly things like faction war base, property viewing, been able to find 20-30 items in city per day , Busting corrupt , alot of lag etc etc
There is to many problems and its making the game not enjoyable for now
Staff were playing the game prior with respo for 3 month you would think everything was fixed
So the thing im trying to get at here is do you think respo has been rushed ?
Patience is a virtue,I have been playing this game for 2k+ days.
I have aswell :)
maybe ched telling us a date of release put him under pressure and he cracked under the pressure :) sorry ched welcome to the fail train choo choo
Choo Choo!
Robb-Stark [1075937]maybe ched telling us a date of release put him under pressure and he cracked under the pressure :) sorry ched welcome to the fail train choo choo
My thoughts
Mentions:
Robb-Stark [1075937]
Robb-Stark [1075937]maybe ched telling us a date of release put him under pressure and he cracked under the pressure :) sorry ched welcome to the fail train choo choo
All aboard! XD
Mentions:
Robb-Stark [1075937]
I don't know how many times Ched and his developers said in announcements "we're going to release RESPO but it's going to have issues, bear with us for a while".
It's not like he minced words or was unclear about it. Just give it a while. Take a break for a week if needs be, it's not the end of the world. Some people in Torn are acting like they're surprised that there are issues.
CatHead [1581564]I don't know how many times Ched and his developers said in announcements "we're going to release RESPO but it's going to have issues, bear with us for a while".
It's not like he minced words or was unclear about it. Just give it a while. Take a break for a week if needs be, it's not the end of the world. Some people in Torn are acting like they're surprised that there are issues.
we all agree on that but the problem is there is no going back and these problems wont take 1-2 weeks to fix up its been 2-3 days already and a simple claim button has not be added to factions i assume they are fixing bigger issues but these smaller issues will still cause them headaches for a long time to come
Mentions:
CatHead [1581564]
I bet the people who are whining about RESPO not being perfect upon release, are the same ones who were whining because there had been no changes/updates to Torn for a long time.
Welcome to the real world. Any computer program released by any developer is expected to have a few bugs in it that won't be caught until in mass production. I bet you're the ones that whine when a new computer program is installed in your place of business. Ever notice whining won't fix it any faster????? It only causes more frustration for the developers who are already feeling stressed. Guess who then has to wait even longer for a fix :)
They've been working on this for years, you could hardly say it was rushed. I could think of a lot better words to describe it, but wont do that right here.
Regardless, I've never been so ready to quit this game before like I am now.
CatHead [1581564]I don't know how many times Ched and his developers said in announcements "we're going to release RESPO but it's going to have issues, bear with us for a while".
It's not like he minced words or was unclear about it. Just give it a while. Take a break for a week if needs be, it's not the end of the world. Some people in Torn are acting like they're surprised that there are issues.
If it only was just issues, the fact is there are features missing or just plain broke. These types of things should of been addressed and handled during beta testing, why they weren't is a mystery. I'm sure we'll be told it's our browser history that needs clearing or to flush our dns and if that doesn't work it's our ISP's causing the issue.
[image: lh6.googleusercontent.com]
Mentions:
CatHead [1581564]
well this would have been so simple to avoid so we have old torn (yes) and we have respo (yes)
why didnt ched save old torn onto a seperate server and then add in respo into there and watch all this cluster f**k appear instead of putting into the main stream seems the testing was piss poor and not properly thought out
One_Classy_Lady [873821]I bet the people who are whining about RESPO not being perfect upon release, are the same ones who were whining because there had been no changes/updates to Torn for a long time.
Welcome to the real world. Any computer program released by any developer is expected to have a few bugs in it that won't be caught until in mass production. I bet you're the ones that whine when a new computer program is installed in your place of business. Ever notice whining won't fix it any faster????? It only causes more frustration for the developers who are already feeling stressed. Guess who then has to wait even longer for a fix :)
Communication is king. These guys are so busy that noone is putting anyone's mind at rest. Most people who use torn are not developers and don't understand the development lifecycle. If you released this for a business you relay information to the key stakeholders and they tell everyone else to shut up. They know what's being worked on and will have a build and test plan in front of them.
This doesn't fit that model. It's unfortunate for Ched that 13 year old kids, plumbers, housewives, firefighters, executives, bin men, secretaries, doctors, drug dealers, electricians, gardeners and entrepreneurs etc. are his customers.
I believe him when he says it will get fixed but I've worked in an application development environment for more than the last twenty years. I really think he needs someone in the middle holding the hand of all those who aren't from that background. Just my ramblings.
Mentions:
One_Classy_Lady [873821]
It took them a freaking year, and you've come to this conclusion in under a week. Who's rushing?
Personally; I am not a fan of many of the changes, but will take a "wait and see" approach. What used to be simple is taking more navigating and clicking. More pages to click thru with less information provided on each. I don't even know where to start on factions, chaining, etc...; but, again, I know it is early and we should just be patient. Kind of reminds me of the old saying... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."
Should've stuck with "soon" :)
No please god anything but "soon"... I'm going to go pray
LOL @ rushed.
Afaik this was to be sort of an open Beta. And it still is.
People´s sense of entitlement never cease to amaze me.