Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Free Graphics.

Started by Sharkfetcher22 [1867237] on in Graphics.

8 replies · 145 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100
Mouse [520790]

Okay, a challenge for you. I'm all for newbies wanting to get started and this is a good way to go to improve.

I'd like a photo manipulation. Size 600x600.

I want top half to be spiderman, and bottom half to be a mechanical spider. (I did this for a manip comp of T.I's a while back). In a city scape of destruction etc.

This will get you used to tools on PS/GiMP even more! :)


Hades [1728299]

I agree with Mouse. Manips are by far the best way to go when starting out. You lean a lot more than just trying to repeat a tutorial of a tag you look at. You really learn how Photoshop works with manips. It also really helps you develop your own style and break out from the normal everyday things you see posted in most tags.

Try looking at some speed arts of people doing manipulations on YouTube to help give you an idea on how to get started and how things are built up. After that its 80% imagination and 20% technical knowledge imo.
-Ag3nt- [1196263]

Manips are easy because they are flexible. Use the fact that it is a manip to your advantage! No one ever said a manip had to be realistic. Get creatove and just go for it.
Mouse [520790]

This was exactly why I asked. He came here to practice to become better. Creativeness is a must and manips are the best way in my eyes because you get to really know the program you use.

If you want a good website to check out, Bex, worth1000.com.

It's a fantastic site.
-Ag3nt- [1196263]

Yeah... I figured that. Just wanted to help clarify a "manip" as people get the definition confused with surrealism. Surrealism is a type of a manip but involves "realism" as a subset.

You probably know this but people just getting started surely have no clue as I wouldn't if I was in their shoes.