Is rehab just ridiculous and way to expensive or is fine and everyone's happy?
Rehab
Started by Valar [1579832] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 36 / 36 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 36
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 43 / 100
- Story score
- 59 / 100
- Engagement score
- 70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Penicillin [1517799] Committee
· 8 likes ·
I wouldn't mind seeing a new stock introduced that has rehab reduction benefits. - bogie [148747] Admin
· 3 likes ·
It's expensive but rightly so, it starts off cheap though only gets expensive gradually, end of the day no one is forcing you to pay it. If you don't want to then don't do drugs. - megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee
· 1 likes ·
I was gonna say I am fine with it, because I pay less than 30 mil for every 10 or so and I have over 2500 xanax taken, but then I remembered I have herm x so yea, I guess …
Is rehab just ridiculous and way to expensive or is fine and everyone's happy?
It's expensive but rightly so, it starts off cheap though only gets expensive gradually, end of the day no one is forcing you to pay it. If you don't want to then don't do drugs.
Its expensive for Drug addict and cheap for no druggies. Its the way it is.
It's a tradeoff either you can be drug free in which case you lose out on the effects of drugs, or you can use all the drugs in the world and pay a bit to be free of it all. At least at the stage I'm at it seems pretty balanced.
Yes it's too expensive.
Hermatic is OP. It says it's a 50% reduction in addiction. But since this keeps you down the exponential curve it's more like a 200%+ saving until rehab is capped.
Drug free now is too OP. Attacks cost 25e. Rehab is super expensive. Drugs effect stats more than ever before. Cans and FHC give plenty of ways to boost gains. Stat differences make less of a difference. Oh and they also have the best gym available.
Why should drug free people who contribute very little to taking money out of the economy be more rewarded.
Because they whine loudly about a comment Ched once made about drugs having consequences.
Such a message was not available for me to read when I started. It was very clear then that druggies had a serious advantage and so I obviously chose that path as there were no warnings to the contrary.
After that, Ched brought in the exponential rehab costs. After that Ched brought in the drug free gym. It was impossible for me to ever use it.
Before someone points it out, yes I have stats to go along with being a druggy, but I've used a lot of money for that privilege. If being 'clean' is good then that appears to stand in opposition to the rest of this crime game.
Okay the fact that people who haven't used drugs are way stronger now is total bullshit why should the people paying big $$$ get nerf?
I wouldn't mind seeing a new stock introduced that has rehab reduction benefits.
I was gonna say I am fine with it, because I pay less than 30 mil for every 10 or so and I have over 2500 xanax taken, but then I remembered I have herm x so yea, I guess my point is invalid lmao. I could certainly see that if I had no herm it would certainly be quite burdensome.
So, the game evolved and you are not happy because you followed a path that was OP and now is not.
QQ !!!!
How about all the years that people stayed drug free when drugs were cheap and rehab was cheap??? Many of them (myself included) got smoked by people with endless cash who could drug up & refill unencumbered. What of that???
Here is the truth that people need to embrace.....
HUGE stats are pointless, period. Even back in the day, people placed ALL their emphasis on stats and spent endless Torn cash to get them. Yet, there will ALWAYS be people that can beat you and there are ALWAYS people you can beat. So, really, at the end of the day, what was the point? Do all your meaningless, big Torn "stats" really make your ego feel better or really change the game?
Taken one step further, with the new attack system, ANYONE can be beat (even BodyBagger), so big stats are even MORE pointless.
So, Ched has (is) taken advantage of the citizens thirst for stats and his desire (Ched) to remove money from the economy, thus making Rehab super expensive for those hooked on the continued use of drugs.
Using drugs is a choice, thus Rehab is a choice. Don't like the Rehab costs, stop using drugs and stop QQ'ing about it.
ok whats the point of training hard. oh wait there isn't one.
You've effectively described the whole game as pointless. Your stats seem to indicate you don't spend very much time playing this game, maybe that's why you were getting 'smoked'.
I can afford the super expensive rehab so no QQ'ing, that doesn't mean I think it's a good idea or even that the evolution of the change was very fair on some groups of players.
I'll repeat kyle's question that I was replying to, which you HAVEN'T (I hate capitalising like this but just wanted to play your silly game for a bit) addressed. "Why should drug free people who contribute very little to taking money out of the economy be more rewarded."
Seriously with the new attack and mug systems in place you really are taking your ass in your own hands publicly posting on the forums about how expensive rehab is for you
Everything else has been nerfed, rehab should be next right?
And Butterfly even with the current system 50mil every 3 days adds up
I'm not talking about the cost of rehab, what I'm talking about is mostly only addicted people rehab, addicted people's stats are hugely less effective, if one was so inclined one could spend one day per week in Switzerland mugging everyone who lands and potentially earn a shit load more in one day than one might earn in a weeks flower running. It would take working out a few peoples rehab routines but it would be made infinitely easier if targets are putting a big bulls eye on their backs by saying "Rehab sucks, it costs me $xx,xxx,xxx now every time I rehab"
If you can afford the drugs you can afford the rehab. As far as I know an NPC is not forcing down your throat... [:sick:]
Its highly expensive but I think it should stay the same. There needs to be a penalty for taking drugs and this seems to be the solution. Its also great for Torn Economy as this shit pumps out a lot of money.
I always though rehab cost were fine being high, i pay 60m for 15 Xanax and was okay with that.
But I voted "way over priced and needs a nerf"
Now that attacking 2.0 is here i feel much different, the difference now between 1b and 3b stats is very little compared to the cost to go from 1b to 3b.
You can see by the price of Edelweiss (flower from Swiss) that a lot of players agree and have stopped training hard.
Ched's rehab money sink i believe is now gone.
Unless high stats become more effective, i'm giving it till Jan 1st, i'll stop using Xanax completely unless i'm stacking for war.
Attacking 2.0 has taken away any reward for working hard to build stats.
You have made 2 errors in your conclusion.......
#1 I did contribute to the game and essentially still do. Back in the day, when I was drinking the Ched Kool-aid, I bought numerous DPs with real life money and used to sell them to people that did not want to spend real money. Now, I still buy DPs with Torn cash, thus creating demand for people to spend real monies to buy DPs. If bunches of folks like me did not spend Torn cash to buy DPs the site would probably not be running today.
#2 No, the game is not pointless, it is supposed to be entertaining. It is not real life (avoided the desire to capitalize that), not a bloody thing done here has any bearing on what happens in the real world, except that of which is people buying DPs or subscriptions with real money.
If you play the statistics game, all that is really important (as related to stats) is that I can beat people to maintain and be productive in chaining. It does not matter one iota if I have 8 trillion battle stats and 800 trillion Torn dollars.
Me "contributing" to the "taking money out of the economy" is not solely limited to Rehab costs. There is me buying DPs, losing money in the Casino, buying ammo, buying meds, and the list goes on.
As much as I hate to agree with Todd_Sweeney (more out of principle than anything else), no one is forcing you to take drugs and thus needing rehab. You can play the game and have a good time without drugs.
The problem with the evolution of the game is that it can never be fair to everyone, some people get screwed, others don't. Back in the day, when rehab was cheap, those that could afford drugs and rehab got big stats while those that did not go the drug route got screwed. Now the pendulum has swung the other way, either learn to deal with it (one way or another), QQ in the forum about it, or quit.
It is Ched's sandbox and he makes the rules.
Really? I wasn't aware I'd drawn a conclusion.
#1 I didn't say you don't contribute to the game so this is rather superfluous.
#2 I didn't say the game was pointless, I merely pointed out that your post indicated thus.
You are erroneous in your list.
"losing money in the casino" and "buying ammo" the only ones that count as the others just move money from one player to another. Ammo is cheap and you haven't really fired many rounds. Not sure anyone has stats for that which would make the slightest difference to the economy. Your entire Torn career has yielded an ammo spend which is a tiny fraction of one visit to rehab for me.
As for the casino (poker doesn't count either), you're not aiming to lose it so I'm guessing you've added a few dollars to the economy as well at times.