Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

rank change

Started by sardinha [1013101] on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 225 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
17
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Julez [237543] ×2 David [132845] ×1 Hinata [216091] ×1 Criminal [325119] ×1 Silom [376494] ×1 mbncd [824921] ×1 68k [846690] ×1 Claws [981697] ×1 Gorgonzola [1300528] ×1 1413750 [1413750] ×1

sardinha [1013101]

so im currently a healer. i dont know the exact number of revives i've done but i know i have 1k>. i really want to change my rank to socialite.

receiving mails counts towards the possible change or is it just sending mails? and is there anything else i can do rather then sending/receiving mails? and i know ill need to send A LOT of mails to even have a chance of changing, but do i have to send even more than a lot to compensate the fact that i have such a high number of revives?

thanks :)
1413750 [1413750]

You have 1,065 revives. You can see this in your personal stats (accessible from your profile or home page). You can also compare stats against someone else by clicking the same button on their profile.

Regarding changing of ranks, you don't need to exceed the # of revives done. ie. it's not a simple 'whichever stat you have the most of' calculation there.

I have 26,000 busts done, yet when I was busting 50-150 people a day, I would often see my rank change from Buster to Bondsman (for bailing people from jail), even though at the time, my bust counts per day far exceeded the number of people I was bailing per day.

I don't know exactly how it works of course, just from my own personal anecdotal story, I saw my rank change from upping my active bailing count.

Perhaps someone else has much more information from me, but your rank seems to depend on what activity you're ACTIVELY doing and not just based on what is 'highest.'
sardinha [1013101]

very helpful information. its strange because at the moment, im not reviving at all. i probably do 1/2 a week.

and now that i notice, i think ive never seen my rank change. i was inactive for a few years (about 4 and a half, 5 years) and i remember when i logged in last year around summer time my rank was already healer. and it never changed ever since and im assuming i was already a healer before i went inactive.

i guess ill just wont revive what so ever (not even sure if my 1/2 revives per week affects this) and start spamming people with mails to see if anything happens
kILLIAN- [1310389]

Your rank is based one which one of your stats that you are highest ranked in.

It's like there is a hall of fame for each stat but we cannot see it and which ever one you have the best ranking in you will have that rank.

1,065 is a huge amount of revives compared to most of torn so you will have to send a huge amount of mails in order to change your rank to socialite
1413750 [1413750]

I preempted this claim with my post. At the time I was ranked #5 in the busting HOF and was actively busting 50-150 people a day, yet my rank would switch between buster and bondsman, depending on how many bails I was doing in any given week. I only have 7,200 bails, nowhere near enough for bailing HOF.

If what you say is true, that would not have happened, but it did to myself and other super busters.

I think it changes depending on what you're doing more/most of in the last week-30 days. Remember, if you don't login for 30 days is it (?) your rank gets changed to Deserter because you weren't even here for the previous x amount of days.
Alexis [29052]

Exactly what Killian said. You are ranked #97 on Torn in revives. If you want to become a Socialite you must reach rank #96 on Torn in mails sent/received (or whatever the exact stat for determining Socialite is).
Alexis [29052]

The reason I don't think it can be what you have done most in the past week/month is I am still a Healer, and I haven't done a single revive since I reached 1,000 for the merit, which was many months ago; close to a year I think.
sardinha [1013101]

thank you all for your answers :D at least now i have an idea of what i'm supposed to do. i guess ill have a lot of work to do lol
kILLIAN- [1310389]

Yeah I have been marksman the whole time I have played, even when I have gone over a month without being attacked or making a single attack.



1413750 [1413750]

Sure, but did you do anything else out of your usual routine? ie. do something more than you usually would? Because when I was busting a lot and bailing somewhat too, my weekly busting gains (bust numbers) were hovering around the same #'s each week (in total busts per week done) whereas my bailing was fluctuating up and down, which could account for, or factor into (as a contributing factor) why my rank was changing back and forth. Kind of like the game was saying "OK Link does xxx number of busts per week, so that's her 'baseline' so it wont really keep her on buster rank if she does something different in gameplay." (ie. bailing more than I usually would.

I could be wrong somewhere there, but I don't think so. I definitely think it's more than a "whatever rank is highest = your rank" I think there is more that goes into it than that.


Have a look at Ganon: http://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=237543

People busted:14,137
People bailed:1,904

Yet he's a Bondsman

Look at 25th December, 2013 - 22nd Jan 2014 on his bust/bail graphs:

25th December: 10,588 busts & 935 bails.
22nd January: 12,426 busts & 1,823 bails.

No significant jumps since then, but as you can see from his graphs, bailing that many people was highly unusual for him.

Also as I said I have over 7k bails and he has only 1,900. Wouldn't that make me a bondsman too, then? If you're right, my bail rank is higher, so I should be a bondsman too, but I"m a buster. Ganon's 14k busts definitely puts him at a higher rank in the busting HOF than the bailing one.



Mentions: Julez [237543]

kILLIAN- [1310389]
Hall Of Fame for
People bailed All
1.Silom91,612
2.mbncd71,690
3.Tanix11,241
4.Hinata9,990
5.Claws9,690
6.-Lucid-9,497
7.David8,177
8.Gorgonzola7,777
9.Link7,209
This is outdated but it does show you were a lot higher than you thought you were for bails.
38.Ganon1,883
you have to realise not many people do bails as there is no beneft from them, but there is from busts.

It is not which is higher but it is where you are ranked in them that will determine your rank.

stats were taken from cyberdudes hof and graphs thread in achievements

Mentions: 1413750 [1413750] · 68k [846690] · Claws [981697] · Criminal [325119] · David [132845] · Gorgonzola [1300528] · Hinata [216091] · Julez [237543] · mbncd [824921] · Silom [376494]

1413750 [1413750]

Thanks Killian :) You appear to be correct mostly. I think the problem comes in because studying comparison graphs of all those names and mine on the outdated bailing list reveals that at the time I was fluctuating I was ranked solidly #5 in the busting HOF, but also possibly #5 (or #6) in the bailing rank list, too.

Perhaps if you are ranked the same # on 2 or more highest lists, it may depend on activity level or activity level changes on your part?

Unfortunately I didn't save the events for rank changes, so I can't do a more thorough comparison on the issue :/
Alexis [29052]

After finishing my revives I moved to only busting. This was pre-respo so I was still using energy. My revives per week went to 0, so I would slowly drop in rank, and all my E went to busting, and I started at less that 250 busts. I went to about ~5500, so my rank in busts would have increased enormously, yet I remained a Healer the whole time. I mean you still could be right, but looking at Killian's post about the bailing HOF, it doesn't change much. Although the stats he posted are outdated, You are #8 in busts, and #9 in bails, so you are a buster. Ganon is #41 in busts and #38 in bails, so a Bondsman.
1413750 [1413750]

^^ Yep definitely. Thanks for your input too, Alexis!

I think I'll go do some bailing and see if I can change my rank!



JimmyJames [581165]

It's based on rank. I was a soldier (respect gained) until a couple people passed me, then I went to felon (times jailed). I rarely ever go to jail anymore yet I am stuck as a felon since I am rank 3 (I think) for times jailed...
sardinha [1013101]

how do you guys know your rank in relation to other people? killian posted that thing and now you say you are rank 3 for times jailed. hof doesn't mention any of those stats, so where do you get that info?
Hank [1732212]

I'm surprised i'm still stuck with trader, I would of thought my net worth ranking of #171 or number of mails sent/received would of been higher than my trades made ranking.