Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Finding Items Requirement Change!

Started by YNMK [1877410] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 53 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
YNMK [1877410]

The new update where you need to look around the city for items, yeah yeah, it's great and all. I really love it especially after they made the icons bigger recently.

However, the criteria is still the first two clicks per hour count and you may find a item then.

This, I do not agree with.

The system is not based on number of clicks to discourage people from spam-clicking the city link to find items or using auto-refreshers and stuff.

But,

Is counting the first two clicks of every hour fair?

First of all, it's unfair to the super active people as only the first two clicks are going to count. Someone with an OCD could come online from his cell every hour, click the city link twice and go offline.


What I suggest is:

Change the system to completing tasks. When you use up all your nerve (max to zero) you have a small chance of having something spawn in the city. When you use up all your energy in the gym (max to zero), you have a small chance. When you do an attack or a bust or a revive, you have a small chance.

This will make it fair as the active people who really allot time to the game will have a greater chance of finding items than people who stay passively active.

The % can be different for each action.

Like if training ALL the energy has a 2% chance of an item spawning..maybe an attack could be 0.4% chance and a bust could be 1% chance.

Awareness increased the percentage by upto 70% still. 7% per upgrade.

The values are only theoretical and not absolute.

It should be in such a way that people who are really very active, have a better chance of finding items than they have now while semi-active people have a little lower chance.
1413750 [1413750]

I think the actual mechanic is fine as it is.

I would think that awareness boosts (edu/merits/job) should have an impact (if only small) on the quality of items. I have 10/10 on merits and only find piles of junk, yet people who have 0/10 find high value items. I know it's random, I just think someone who invested merits/edu should have an added boost to item quality.
YNMK [1877410]

Merits do effect quality..ched had said long back when the initial item finding threads popped.

But I just don't find it fair that all someone has to do is two clicks an hour.
Yourowner [871983]

The way it works right now is okay to me.

I understand the point you made of it being less fair to people who are really active.

Though it is then also slightly unfair to people who are not quite active. Sure it is partly their choice, but sometimes some people can't come on freqquently. Maybe a nice addition to your suggestion would be to add that once a day there is a small chance for an item spawn too for logging in and doing activities, although I'm not really sure if it would be necessary as you suggest a small chance on some activities already.
This addition sounded better before I started typing it out :p

I do think the chance on activities would be a nice extra for me personally, as sometimes I'm on my computer but could be that I'm not on torn for 2 hours or so, and then I missed the city clicks.
YNMK [1877410]

My idea for putting it up was normally you need to do something. Infact while doing actions, you can find something.

Otherwise if just people click on city, they shouldnt have an equal chance to all those active players doing everything.