Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Escobar Merit

Started by Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 787 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Euphoria [1443076] Wiki Contributor

I was considering going for the Escobar merit. For those of you who don't know it , it is the 5k drug deals completed honour bar. I had heard it messes with your natural nerve bar and maybe 35nnb is the best time to do it. What effects does t Actuallu have. I always wondered can nnb decrease? Or does this crime just mess with success rates?

EDIT: I like Nashs method of getting to 45nb and maintaining it by mixing in other good CE crimes with the odd drug deal. It's slower but at the same time you get to maintain 45 nnb AND that gives you more nerbe to do crimes.

Bogie suggested bashing it out until all 5k are finished as completing these drug deals deducts a percentage from your crime experience. But your nerve bar may deplete and it may be hard to regain all that lost CE !
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

Yes you can lose your natural nerve bar and unless you don't have any other crime merits to go after its not worth it in the long run.

35nnb if the best spot to go after but you will limit the other crimes u can do because your wasting a lot of natural nerve.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Although the Escobar is "only" 5k drug crimes, not 10k, I think it would be impractical to do just a few every day, it would take too many years that way. I do as many as I can and mix in a few arson warehouses to keep my nnb at 35.
SourRon [852964]

My recent experience with doing drug deals suggests that doing drug deals along with doing other activities better for crime xp, for which you need merits for, is the better way to go.

I was doing around 10 busts per day while doing 16-18 successful drug deals per day. I managed to do just under 3350 drug deals in just over 7 months before I got a drop in nerve bar from 45nnb to 40. After 5 days of replacing drug deals with stealth virus crimes I regained the lost nerve.

Now I'm doing the busts and doing an equal amount of stealth virus crimes and drug deals. That may mean specific merits take longer to achieve. As all of the activities are ones I am chasing merits for then, IMO, I'm getting all of the merits I'm chasing a bit more quickly, than doing drug deals on their own and destroying my nerve bar before switching to the other crimes.
dunmugmeh [538353]

If you just do drug crimes all day long every single day your nerve bar will go down.

You could earn drug merits and combine it with something like arson warehouse to keep your nerve bar stable.
JimmyJames [581165]

IMO, just do the drug deals, let your nervebar drop, and then raise it after you're done. Besides, you can do all the crimes with a 35 nb anyway, so what's the big deal?

I've been doing drug deals for several months, over 4000 of them, and still have a 40 nnb.
SeaLion [250755]

At only 10k crimes 5k other and 5k jackets you should not even bother trying for that. The little CE you do have will be wasted in no time.
SeaLion [250755]

If I could go back I never would have done the 250 drug crimes I did or the 2500 GTA. I can stand by my 10K+ stealth viruses and 12k+ warehouse arsons as solid crimes. A few busts never hurt. If you really want to do the drug crimes I would do them a couple a day... But even then counter productive. I do believe we will be seeing crime updates too, which yes will take a while, but why stray from a successful route when we know what we have now? I did jackets to 25, mugging loan shark to 30 (many reds bad crime), thorough robbery to 35, stealth/warehouse to 45. 2k busts in old system didn't hurt my progress. I "can" do any crime.... But the money gained over the risk is not worth while. We are talking percent loss of thousands of crimes for under a mil a crime. The drug merits are not worth it, especially not knowing what future updates hold.
Ripple [1372836]

I did this. You can also do the assassinate the mob boss crime if you already have your fraud merit. That crime will build your CE as well as count toward your murder merit.
Chuckyboy2 [1875579]

In looking at your crime stats I'm confused why you would want to do drug deals. You still need to finish theft. You've barely started arson. You haven't completed one merit computer crimes it murder. You haven't done one gta. All of those crimes are safe or virtually safe if doing the correct one. With how often you you complete crimes the new system being developed will be complete well before your done. All of them will yield merits quicker too (with exception of computer crimes). It's just not worth going for those merits when there's a lot of other low hanging fruit.



BFM [1455642]

I would work on drug merits then rebuild my nerve bar with the rest of the crimes since the rest can be done without losing crime exp. Makes no sense building up your nerve bar to trash it later by drug merits unless you don't care about your crime exp down the road.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Counterproductive, yes if your aim is to maximize crime experience and nerve bar. However, if you want he Escobar you just have to do them, and crimes are not really a major source of income anyway. But considering how many other medals and honours there are, most players would probably get more merits if they never touched the drug crimes. Very few will ever run out of crimes.

Whether you do the drug crimes a few at a time or go all-in probably doesn't matter much in the end, you will be jailed many times whatever you do. It's just a matter of personal preference.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff

I am currently doing drug deals exclusively and my natural nerve has been stable at 35 for months now. So I don't think we need to mix arsons to keep up to 35.
I lost 45 natural within first 1k drug deals and down to 35 natural within 2k drug deals. But I have been doing it exclusively and would recommend doing it early in your crime life and doing exclusively and then build back the nerve bar after getting that honor.

Edit: If I remember correctly, drug deals can actually help you reach 35 nnb. Not sure on this. So if you start drug deals on 30 nnb, you may actually rank up to 35 nnb. Need someone to confirm this though.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

The advice given here is god awful and entirely wrong when it comes to efficiently doing these crimes. See my posts at the end of that thread. Doing drug crimes last (the only unsafe crime type) is the best way to piss away all the xp you earned prior to it... Do them first... Do them all... Or accept the xp loss.

Follow JJs advice above, just accept the nerve loss and get on with the crimes. If you try and maintain any kind of nerve you're wasting and losing more nerve and crime experience...
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

You can lose 35, but probably not if you only go up to 5k, I lost my 35 doing these crimes, but I went to 10k.


You can actually start them at 25, I know people who have gained enough xp to go to 30 from them.
1875860 [1875860]

As I said, I haven't tested it myself. I'm just extremely cautious when it comes to my nerve bar. Maybe I shouldn't be.

Is it safe to do drug crimes at 30nnb? If I'm gonna lose nerve anyway I'd rather start right now.