About this thread
Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 40
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 46 / 100
- Historical score
- 42 / 100
- Story score
- 63 / 100
- Engagement score
- 74 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- ColdDeadFingers [1043426]
· 9 likes ·
Who to be more scared of, a guy in a 1930's gangster suit with a tommy gun or a guy who's prepared to fight naked?That must be worth a poll. - Queequeg [1602158]
· 7 likes ·
I kept thinking of "dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge" reading the attack log. I don't want to see the old timers (level 90+) wearing a speedo and fighting with bear knuckles. I've been to the beach enough times to … - Chedburn [1] Admin
· 4 likes ·
It's a test NPC. Neither the camp ganster model or attack logs (as they currently appear) mean anything.
Mentioned in this thread
popandopulo [1414133] ×1
Hmmm,interesting..
I'm not sure what I'm looking at here...
What's different about the attack log? (I have mine set to simplified, and I don't usually pay much attention to them)
Lmao
Dodging and Blocking
Ah ok
The image thing is interesting though
where are you getting this from???
its a secret
Eh. Hopefully they're still working on the phrasing. "... was able to dodge from Someone attack!" ???
Also, I don't understand how Attacker can hit Defender for no damage (implies Def is high enough to negate Str), but then 3 swings later hit non-crit for 1613 damage. Unless the blocking is a totally new mechanic and is independent of Str/Def.
Or maybe he's been busy on an image manipulation program.
I kept thinking of "dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge" reading the attack log.
I don't want to see the old timers (level 90+) wearing a speedo and fighting with bear knuckles. I've been to the beach enough times to see those magnificent creatures strutting their stuff.
Combat does not seem to be different other than showing more descriptive text in place of the usual text for misses and zero damage but only when popandopulo is on the receiving end of the attack.
I wonder if that means popandopulo has chosen to reduce attacking ability for a gain in defensive ability.
It could be that the defend and dodge turns are chance rolls based on def/dex (respectively)
Theres also things you can purchase with merits for temporary mastery. Or what that always there? I didn't see it before >_<
The image is legit you can press the attack button on popandopulo's page and see the same image. Personally I rather like the original though.
http://www.torn.com/images/v2/attack/attack_model_mobster.png
Mentions: popandopulo [1414133]
Photo Shop ! wooooo
popandopulo hit Silvian with his Hammer in the head for 81 damage and also regained some life
apparently this is a thing
Going by the profile images I'd guess it's an account of aurel1's...
Who to be more scared of, a guy in a 1930's gangster suit with a tommy gun or a guy who's prepared to fight naked?That must be worth a poll.